Spotting Week 11

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

UsineBB Posts: 112
Hey girls, I haven't been posting much, I've been afraid of tempting fate on this pregnancy!! I am at 11 almost 12 weeks and I am trying really hard not to freak out but I had some spotting when I wiped last night. Nothing overnight, but started up again a little once I got up and started moving around this morning. It is very dark brown, not red at all, and it's not flowing as such, I only see it when I wipe. I have 1-2 tiny spots on my knickers. Have been reading blogs left right and centre, and the consensus seems to be that unless it is bright red and heavy that there's nothing to worry about. But I have a sort of crampy feeling low in my body and to the left. Not even really like a cramp - more like an ache, a tense feeling. I'm rambling now, but I'm trying to distract myself. I have an appointment for my 12-week scan on Friday so I kind of feel like I should hold off on calling the doctor now. I have another really stupid reason for not calling - my mobile phone has no reception in the place where I work and I work in an open-plan office where no one knows I'm pregnant, so I have no way of making a discreet call. Any advice? Sorry lads I know how crazy I sound.
Flipflopflip Posts: 14
I had spotting with my first. I spotted at about 8-9 wks I think. Brown discharge. It carried on for a week just a little but every so often. Was terrified as I had a miscarriage before. I got scan and all was fine. Then at 14 weeks I had a pretty big bleed, bright red and quite a bit, no cramps or pain though and still felt pregnant iykwim. Again absolutely terrified I went straight to hospital and had scan. Could see baba waving at me on us. Couldn't be explained. I was just told to take it easy and that sometimes this just happened. It's so difficult but try to stay calm and get a scan ASAP to put your mind at ease. Hugs
Definitely ring your dr.
Thanks so much Flipflopflip for your reply. I'll try and sneak out to call my doctor after. I'm thinking I should try to hold out til Friday but if it's an emergency I'll be kicking myself for waiting.
oldwife Posts: 170
You should ring the epu in the hospital. Its prob nothing, but best to get it checked out. I had it on my first on and off, along with bright red bleeds and all was ok. I had it on my second pregnancy, ended in mc so go get yourself checked and put your mind at ease as you'll only be stressing until friday x
Telix Posts: 125
Ring the maternity ward&they will tell you what to do. I had spotting at 20 weeks, they told me to goto a&e to get seen faster. All was OK!
Thanks so much for the replies ladies. Cramping is stronger this morning and I passed a clot last night and again this morning. Feeling really numb, I had a MC in December and I was so excited to be nearing the hallowed 12 weeks this time. Can't get my doc on the phone this morning and don't really want to go to A&E - I'm in a big city I can't handle the thoughts of waiting around all afternoon to be seen. Might try calling the EPU, thanks for that advice.
oldwife Posts: 170
Hope you're ok , definitely ring the hospital. I had a mc at 11 weeks & the pain was quite intense, I had to be put on a drip & was kept in as they were concerned my body would go into shock. I really hope its nothing ( I also passed clots on my first & all was ok) but better to go get it checked xxx
Thanks oldwife, and I'm so sorry for your loss. I phoned the EPU and got through to a really lovely doctor. He asked me loads of questions about my cramps and what kind of bleeding / discharge I've been having. So basically, one in four women will have bleeding in pregnancy (am shocked by that!!) and he said I'm ok to wait til my scan on Friday. He said if I had major pain (which I honestly don't) or severe, period-like flowing blood (bleeding for more than half ah hour) that I should get to A&E immediately. He said if I was really freaked out he'd be happy to give me a scan to reassure me, but that it was not medically necessary. He said that my symptoms are benign enough not to worry him. Thanks again ladies, it's great not to be alone with my worries. Thanks so much.
Hope everything goes ok for you Friday. It is amazing how many women bleed through pregnancy with everything turning out ok. Google was my friend (& enemy) whenever I had problems with dd. Through searching the net I found so many stories of women with unexplained spotting and bleeding during pg. Keep positive and take things as easy as you can.