Spotty Skin - what products do you use??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kkb2b Posts: 166
Hi All I am just wondering for those of you with acne/spotty skin, what products you are using?? I am using dermologica but it doesnt seem to be making any difference!! Before that I used Lancome.... What would ye suggest? Iv also tried taking Zinc, Agnus Castus - i drink loads of water during the day etc etc.... nothing seems to work! >:o(
clairej Posts: 251
Hey , I use St Ives scrub cleanser in the morning and the non scrub creme version of it in the evening.I moisturise with e 45 on the recommendation of my doctor.The e 45 doen't have an spf so I use mac make up with a spf built in. My skin is very sensitive so I can only use mac foundation or some clinique products. The reason I use two different cleansers is that the doctor said that the skin can get used to one and it can become less effective so I alternate. I spent years form the age of 14 - 22 spending an absolute fortune on lotions and potions , pills and beauticians.The ONLY thing that works for me are the products I mentioned. I also do a mask every now and then , I find the Simple one the best . Do you get much exercise outside ? It's amazing the difference fresh air can make. My advice is keep your products as simple as possible and alternate them each . Keep drinking the water maybe throw in a few vitamin c tablets . oooo almost forgot , another tip I got is to byu a load of j cloths , the ones for the kitchen . Use them instead of a face cloth .They are cheap so you can dispose of them after a few washes and this helps to prevent the build up of bacteria etc on your wash cloth.
Hi Claire Thanks a million for the reply - i am seriously after trying every cream etc on the market at this stage - spent a fortune! I dont think i have ever tried the St Ives - I must give this ago... yeah i get loads of fresh air usually... maybe not as much this time of the year - i must get my lazy ass off the seat and start walking again! I am hoping to start facials in the new year - hoping to get 8/9 done before my wedding in Sept - the one thing im afraid of is waking up the morning of my wedding with big spots on my face - like i am at the moment!! :o(
Maybe stop the facials though, the more you or somebody touches your face the more oils the skin produces. Have you tried going to a sauna a few times a week .It can really help. I had really bad acne very young and my skin is never really 100% clear. Do you use fake tan on your face , if you do hold off a while .The tan can block the pores even if you exfoliate. But on the bright side because your skin ( and mine) produces excess oils it won't age badly .My mum had the same problem , she is 54 now and looks at the most 40 yaaaaaaaayyyyy for us spotties :o)ll Seriously just stop with all the treatments and fancy washes , give yourself a month and see what happens. You have loads of time.
LadyMary Posts: 1050
[quote="clairej":1o6nlc88]Hey , I use St Ives scrub cleanser in the morning and the non scrub creme version of it in the evening.I moisturise with e 45 on the recommendation of my doctor.The e 45 doen't have an spf so I use mac make up with a spf built in. My skin is very sensitive so I can only use mac foundation or some clinique products. The reason I use two different cleansers is that the doctor said that the skin can get used to one and it can become less effective so I alternate. I spent years form the age of 14 - 22 spending an absolute fortune on lotions and potions , pills and beauticians.The ONLY thing that works for me are the products I mentioned. I also do a mask every now and then , I find the Simple one the best . Do you get much exercise outside ? It's amazing the difference fresh air can make. My advice is keep your products as simple as possible and alternate them each . Keep drinking the water maybe throw in a few vitamin c tablets . oooo almost forgot , another tip I got is to byu a load of j cloths , the ones for the kitchen . Use them instead of a face cloth .They are cheap so you can dispose of them after a few washes and this helps to prevent the build up of bacteria etc on your wash cloth.[/quote:1o6nlc88] Clairej is the St.Ives ok to use if you have senitive skin? I'm quiet dry but prone to breakouts around the chin area
yeah , there is a St Ives for dry/sensitive skin.The scrubing grains are in a very thick cream which smells of almonds.Your face feels clean and moisturised afterwards. It costs about €5.50 or if you have one of those €2 shops near you , you can find it in there too.
Sassy Sally Posts: 306
Hi kkb2b, I tried facials, products, diet and tbh nothing made that much of a difference :o( I decided that for ONE day I didn't want to have spots so went to the doctor 2 months before the wedding and got anti-b's. Skin cleared up, was lovely on the day and in the photo's ... I was delighted I did it !! Having said that now that I'm pregnant, the spots are back with a vengeance :o0 :o0 Sassy :wv
Hi Sassy - great tips, didnt realise you could get anti-b's for that!! If all else fails it might be my only option!!
Mrs Boop Posts: 828
I also suffer from spots around my chin & jaw line. I also spent a fortune on loads of products in the run up to the wedding, Lancome, Clinque, Gatineau & finally Dermalogica about 8-9 mths before the wedding (after all the hype about it) and I didn't find it all that amazing, but I found that it was about trying out different dermalogica products together to work best for my skin. Also another good tip I found a few months before the wedding is using a hot face cloth to clean the face product off, to ensure that your face is fully clean. I would def reccomend this.
montagne Posts: 1849
I switched to mineral make up and havnet had a spot since.