Spring clean checklist?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

whoop whoop Posts: 1616
I can't believe I've started a topic about housecleaning...but there you go! I'm not really into housework but I bought a Groupon spring clean. I'm not sure if they just get to work or if I have to give them a list so I thought I'd better prepare a list. I'd hate to forget something - either some horrible job that it didn't occur to me to ask them to do, or some really obvious normal thing that they didn't do cos it wasn't on the list. So beyond the obvious (thoroughly cleaning floors, surfaces and bathroom) what would you ask them to do? (it's four hours and I've a fairly small house so they should have plenty of time). Clean the oven? Clean the cupboards? Clean the fridge? What else?
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
i think you've most of it covered, maybe add clean the skirting boards - i hate that job >:o( Wash the floors! Obvious maybe but one i'd def wish they would do for me! how much it cost you if you don't mind me asking?
89 euro for two people - one person does the windows and the other cleans for four hours. I've lived here six years and I've never cleaned the windows, so I'm delighted!
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
god thats fantastic! We had DD christening last w/end & i gave the whole week before srubbing the house & windows. I actually had pains in my legs & arms :o0 a week later you'd say i never went near the place O:|
SGirl Posts: 2542
Dot, I have that ahead of me too. Last time we had a christening i lost 4 1/2 pounds at weight watchers that week from all the cleaning! This time i mite be wise and get someone in or ask mum to help mind LOs so at least i have peace cleaning. My wish list would be: bathroom tiles, cobwebs from ceiling, oven, floors, windows, fride exterior, doors on kitchen presses, clean wall beside the bin :hic , clean manky rad in the hall......... jaysus im depressing myself here, i better stop typing!
vidia Posts: 2960
I think you have everything covered, maybe throw in some ironing! I dont think thats a geat deal tho, for 4 hours my cleaner would charge €48, and local window cleaner is €15 or €20, I cant remember.. Saying that, its great to have it all done for you :)
[quote="vidia":3m994x6r]I think you have everything covered, maybe throw in some ironing! I dont think thats a geat deal tho, for 4 hours my cleaner would charge €48, and local window cleaner is €15 or €20, I cant remember.. Saying that, its great to have it all done for you :)[/quote:3m994x6r] Yeah it was a bit misleading actually. When I bought the deal they made out if was two people cleaning for the whole four hours. Then afterwards they clarified, and I didn't bother asking for a refund. I suppose what attracts me is that it's a cleaning company (not just a random individual), and they bring all their own equipment and products. I had a regular cleaner before, who was very reasonable, but she kind of cleaned the way I clean (i.e. mediocre job, not extremely thorough), so I wanted for a once-off to get a company who will really blast the place!
alex2012 Posts: 352
This thread just reminfed me of how much cleaning I still have left to do before the family arrives for the wedding..