Springfort Hall Brides

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

von2008 Posts: 207
Just thought I'd start a thread for wollies getting married in Springfort Hall. We're getting married there this June and it would be great to hear other reports of the venue and what people did for decoration etc. :)
maggiev Posts: 74
Hi there, I got married there last October. Everyone absolutely loved it. we used candelbras for the table centres, plain white tablecloths and chair covers with black sashs. very plain but I went with the whole black and white and a masquerade theme. we gave everyone masks as their favours, so the candelabras went perfect. I have to say everyone raved about the grounds and the food so you're in good hands. God Id love to be doing it all over again. Enjoy every minute!!!!!!!!!!!
von2008 Posts: 207
Hi MaggieV, Your wedding sounds lovely! We're having the candelabras also and i haven't made a choice on the sash for the chair covers, they don't have a purple colour that goes with our scheme. The masks are a beautiful idea. Being October you didn't have a drinks reception outside did you? We're thinking about having it on the front lawn. I'd love to know if anyone has done this? Can't wait :compress
maggiev Posts: 74
Nope it was really windy and raining the day we got married so no drinks on the lawn. We went out there for lunch on friday actually and they were preparing for a wedding that evening, it looked lovely in the sunshine. There's bound to be people out there that have had a summer wedding, try doing a search for springfort hall and see what comes up. People are always happy to talk about their day, any excuse :o0. Its weird cos I havent been on here in ages, you kind of don't once the deed is done, and then when i checked in there you were asking about springfort. Anyway enjoy it and I hope it'll be as lovely as it has been these last couple of days for ya!! (or I should say ye!!!)
southernbride10 Posts: 116
Hi :wv we are getting married in Springfort hall in August it is such a beautiful place. Cant wait!!! :o)ll it would be such a bonus if the weather was nice. Im going there soon to finalise our package would anyone mind telling me what they got with there package i was hoping to bargain with them
handbagsngladrags Posts: 31
can i ask rough no's... have provisionally bookd it but worried about size....
Hi handbagsngladrags We are having approximately 120 people. the room can be divided for smaller numbers. Im so looking forward to the day. Im actually heading there wed for our menu tasting
handbagsngladrags Posts: 31
how did you meal tasting go? we were there recently for friends of ours and it was fab, yummy..... We have a big list at the moment but will prob have about 200... do you think it could hold this amount?
belle2010 Posts: 171
Never been to a wedding here, but stayed here for a weekend once and we loved it. The food is amazing and there was a wedding on that wkd too. Function room looked lovely and they had lovely candles and flowers everywhere. Whole thing looked fab.
Well the menu tasting was out of this world we nearly had to be carried out we were so fully. We tasted the pudding en croute and the goats cheese bruschetta for starter, then veg soup and passionfruit sorbet which was yum, then chicken wrapped in bacon, fillet steak and lemon sole, and dessert we tried about 5 :yelrotflmaosmilie: we have gone with the pavalova and the apple pie. The wines we tried were also lovely not much of a wine drinker but we went with a sauvignon blanc and a merlot. Overall I was really happy with the tasting and the staff were lovely. Hope it all goes as well on the day