St Tropez or Fake Bake?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

amypo Posts: 141
Im going to a wedding next week, and although I would get a colour easily, I doubt the irish weather is gonna pick up enough to get a nice tan. I am really allergic to Aloe Vera but would love to get a spray tan done. So the dilema is, of the above 2 which is better or what would you recommend? I am hoping to make an appointment in the next few days so any help is appreciated!
shakes Posts: 16
I love amber mist spray tan i think it is better then them
Roxy1 Posts: 713
Fake Bake and San Tropez are both dark tans. Im a fan of both, use them regularly but if you dont usually get spray tans done they might look very dark on you.... the Fake Bake is slightly darker than the San Tropez, hope this helps :wv
Fake Bake and San Tropez are both dark tans. Im a fan of both, use them regularly but if you dont usually get spray tans done they might look very dark on you.... the Fake Bake is slightly darker than the San Tropez, hope this helps :wv
Thanks for the replies, i rang the Beauticians and St Tropez is completely Aloe Vera based so thats a big no, I got a test patch of the fake bake done at lunch time so iv a lovely brown stomach and no where else :o0 Hopefully i dont react to it cause a tanned stomach with a big ugly rash wont be a pretty sight!!
newkid30 Posts: 2233
Both of these tans will have you looking quite orange a la Victoria Bekham/Jordans of this World. Indeed loads of Irish people go for this, especially at weddings, I don't know why?? If that's the look you are going for you are onto a winner with either of them, otherwise I would got for a lighter tan.
[quote="newkid30":n0bta32f]Both of these tans will have you looking quite orange a la Victoria Bekham/Jordans of this World. Indeed loads of Irish people go for this, especially at weddings, I don't know why?? If that's the look you are going for you are onto a winner with either of them, otherwise I would got for a lighter tan.[/quote:n0bta32f] Funny enough Im not sure anyone deliberately intends on going for the orange look?? The beautician said the Fake Bake will work best because of my skin tone-as I said I would tan looking at the sun so im not worried about it turning out orange.
maybemama Posts: 243
[quote="newkid30":4lbpuv75]Both of these tans will have you looking quite orange a la Victoria Bekham/Jordans of this World. Indeed loads of Irish people go for this, especially at weddings, I don't know why?? If that's the look you are going for you are onto a winner with either of them, otherwise I would got for a lighter tan.[/quote:4lbpuv75] I'm quite fair and use fake bake all the time now. It certainly doesn't make me orange, I think the orangeness you speak of comes more from a heavy hand than any particular brand! :o0
Mrs Princess Sparkle Posts: 3854
I found Fake Bake better than San T. when I used to apply it myself. Although for a few years now, I've just found it too messy to apply myself &I get a spray done occasionally. I don't know if there's aloe vera in it or not, but Sun FX is the best spray tan I've had done bar none.