stabbing pains?? tmi

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

baby4me Posts: 455
hi girl i know i have 5 weeks left but last couple of days i have bad pains up through me :-8 sorry tmi!! but they are really like knives and just wondering is it the sign of so,mething starting (wishful thinking) ha ha!! also i have a general aching pain up though my def worse during nite when i in bed but i think this is pressure from bub!!
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Hi, I get these too. Mentioned them to the midwife and she said that they are pressure pains from the baby getting engaged. She said some women find that they feel immense pressure and almost feel the baby is going to fall out, while others get stabbing pains, she even used the word "knife" like and that it's because the baby is hitting a nerve. Perfectly normal it seems. Nothing like I expected they would be either, but there you go. I've been getting them for a good few weeks now, so I don't think they're a sign of anything starting.
dovedro Posts: 1295
I get these too since the baby moved down, it's just the pressure from the baby's head hitting off a nerve. Not nice but hopefully only a few more weeks left of these :o)ll
MissieGold Posts: 1124
Yup. Sounds familiar though I get them while walking. Have been getting really bad cramps low down in pelvis and lower back while in bed - last 10-15 minutes and are agony. Think its the same thing. Not long to go for any of us now though