Menu

Stanville Wexford - Good or Bad???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

chefmaid Posts: 2426
Hi, Does anyone have any comments on this hotel? I got the brochure in the post yesterday and i fell in love with it..Havent even stepped inside the place yet :-8 http://www.stanville.ie/
Citibride Posts: 31
Hi Chefmaid, I was at a wedding there last March and I can tell you that it was absolutely lovely. The food was melt in your mouth delicious...! Would highly recommend. Citibride
wexfordbell Posts: 1065
Its a lovely hotel but as far as i no the room only holds 180. We havd our xmas party there and we were squashed in everyway. The food was fab though :o)ll
chefmaid Posts: 2426
thanks sintomone. The max number we will be having is 80..Would it be nice for that size of wedding?
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Hi, This is where I had my wedding. We had 64 for meal, and an extra 80 maybe for afters. Cannot fault them on anything - FANTASTIC value, food was excellent, everyone commented on it afterwards. Rooms were lovely, much nicer than I expected, plus we took over the whole hotel, there was basically just us there, no non guests. Menu tasting consisted of a complete meal for 4, no charge. There was no corkage either, and no charge for evening food. PM me if you need any info! :wv
wexfordbell Posts: 1065
For a small wedding i would think its a great place. Not too big at all. Id go for it as there rates seem very good
Flower Store
WifeZilla Posts: 1222
The Stanville isn't a bad venue at all in that it's out of the way and outside the hustle and bustle of Wexford...BUT....I wouldn't rate it too much and that's just a personal choice. Not the function room anyways. I was at a wedding there and the tables looked okay but the old red ordinary chairs didn't set the place off right and they had balloons strung over each table that looked really cheap looking. The food is very good and the prices are very reasonable so if that's your top priority, maybe go for it so!!
one of each Posts: 1277
I often have dinner there when i am at home and its really good. You wont get better value for the wedding so you could aford to decorate the room more or get chair covers and it would still be cheaper than other hotels in Wexford.
WifeZilla Posts: 1222
Actually that's not a bad idea at all....the main thing is the value for money and the good food so you're onto a winner already. For a few hundred extra you can get the covers and a few other bits and bobs...!
augbh Posts: 169
Never been to a wedding there. However, we stayed there and had a bad experience. (Check out tripadvisor.) On the other hand, check out the amount of people that have had fantastic experiences there. Hard one.