Stapling Mass Booklets??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lush11 Posts: 2877
Hi girls, From other posts you may know that i am making my own stationary. I'm just wondering how to staple mass booklets togther in the normal fashion. Normal staplers wont do it cos they are not long enough and dont really want to put a ribbon around them as i know they will just fall apart. Any ideas or places that have staplers suitable?
Gembira Posts: 847
I bought a long arm stapler from Amazon. Only cost a few pounds. I didn't want to use ribbon either although my reason was because tying ribbon on the invitations was more than enough! My heart was broken at them! :action34
2010ExcitedB2B Posts: 217
I saw them in reads for around 10 Euro or another wollie on here gave a great tip. If you have two staplers open them both out completely. Position under the booklet and one above. The stapler below will make the staple close in the right position (hope that made sense). Now I haven't tried it this way and I don't know how much effort it would take. But if you can't get a shop in your locality that sells the long arm stapler this is an alternative. My sister works in an office that has one and she is borrowing it for an evening, ask around if you know anybody who works in an office/school anywhere there is admin I guarantee they'd have one you can borrow for an evening.
MinnietheMinx Posts: 2396
We got pre tied elastic ribbons from diy weddings for ours- worked out a bit more expensive than buying a stapler but defo the most hassle free way of doing them.
Kermette Posts: 924
I went into a local office supply shop to buy a long reach stapler - the Lady there told me I was mad to be buying one and loaned me hers for 2 days Talk about a STAR!!!!!
[quote="2010ExcitedB2B":1tao19jd]I saw them in reads for around 10 Euro or another wollie on here gave a great tip. If you have two staplers open them both out completely. Position under the booklet and one above. The stapler below will make the staple close in the right position (hope that made sense). Now I haven't tried it this way and I don't know how much effort it would take. But if you can't get a shop in your locality that sells the long arm stapler this is an alternative. My sister works in an office that has one and she is borrowing it for an evening, ask around if you know anybody who works in an office/school anywhere there is admin I guarantee they'd have one you can borrow for an evening.[/quote:1tao19jd] I have tried this roughtly with ordinary paper but its impossible to line them up perfectly. [quote="Found_My_Kermit":1tao19jd]I went into a local office supply shop to buy a long reach stapler - the Lady there told me I was mad to be buying one and loaned me hers for 2 days Talk about a STAR!!!!![/quote:1tao19jd] She sure is a star, might try to source one somewhere.
Ok, had a quick look on ebay and could get one for about 10 euro including postage and packaging so i can live with that. Any other suggestions are still more than welcome :compress
Just for anyone with the same problem, got a really good idea off another discussion here - Lay the booklets out flat with like a flat a4 page with the cover on top. Open out spaler and put an rubber on the inside then close staples (thanks to bernie). Gonna try that!