Start of labour?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
Hi girls, All day yesterday i felt like i had a sick stomach & was exhausted tired. Then about 9pm last night i started getting bad period pain type cramps in my lower tummy & baby was going crazy in there. I've been awake most of the night with a constant dull period pain with intermittent sharp shooting pains. Tried to time them but sometimes the pain would stop as soon as i hit the stopwatch on my phone & they didn't seem regular anyways. This morning the pains have eased & all i'm getting is the period type pain again on & off. any advice anyone? I don't want to ring the hospital cos i presume they'll just tell me to wait until i can time the pains. DH has to go to cork (i'm attending CUMH) today anyways so i could go & get checked out but i don't want to be annoying them if its nothing :-8 Oh yeah totally TMI but i've had diarrhorea & back pain with some of the period pain also. thanks girls :wv
Emme Posts: 4735
You wagon Dot Cotton! Don't go having baby before me!!! I don't know is the simple answer. The diarrhorea like a good sign. Keep a close eye out for 'the show' and without sounding all mother earth on you try to just be aware of whats happening and go with your gut feeling. I would reckon you're body is gearing up for a busy week! I would say you'll have babs in a few days! Are the shooting pains into your groin/leg or in your tummy?
oh Emme i burst out laughing at your comment haha :o0 Shooting pains were more in my tummy last night & today its kinda alternating between my tummy & feeling like a stitch in my groin. They're not as frequent today as they were last night though :duh: My DH was supposed to be going back over to teh UK this morning for work so he's stayed now in the hope that labour is starting. I hope its not a false alarm cos he only has a certain amount of time he can take for when baby arrives O:| ps can you not get your OH to reach in & pull it out now?? :o0 Seriously you've done your time like!!
boodlesdoodles Posts: 900
I had the same about a week before i had DD, cramping, diarrhoea and vomiting. Afraid i had food poisoning and that the vomiting was bringing on the contractions, i went to the doctor and they sent me to the hospital as a precaution. To say i was not impressed was an understatement! :o0 They kept me overnight, put me on a trace, and a drip for the dehydration from the vomiting, contractions eventually eased off and i went home the next day. A week later i was back for the main event. So it sounds like you are definitely gearing up for something to happen alright, it just might not be today or tomorrow. Best of luck anyway, O-O
starzzzz Posts: 1123
ah dot i hope its something for you but i know for me i had the show, the diarrhea, the cramps going into my groin and was able to time to 4 mins and it was nada! O:| This baby girl is still in there. hospital is doing my head in say it is contractions on monitor and offered me drugs but said im only 1 so sent me home and to come in when contractions are under 5 mins which they were and still are. i have no idea anymore and dont want to get sent home again! sorry that turned in to a rant. i hope u go soon esp with your hubby home. Emme get ur ds to sit on ur bump and dh to pull it might come?
adelz Posts: 3088
Wow sounds promising Dot Cotton, are those pains like what I had the other night?? Wouldn't it be great if the two of us went same time, seen as we getting most similar symptoms!!! I hope it is for you, how are you this eve??? :wv
hi girls, thanks for the replies. I've had pains all day & loads of [email protected] forks ( :o0 ) aswell but its eased now in the past half hour. I'm like a briar all day aswell, everyone is wrecking my head O:| i will be gutted if it amounts to nothing :o( Edited to add that my friend suggested i go to the gp tomorrow & get her to do an internal to see if she can tell me anything so i'm gonna ring her in teh morning & book an appt :action34 :o0
adelz Posts: 3088
O I know that feeling.....fingers crossed for us Dot! Maybe it is all good sign for us. I just had spicy chinese so fingers crossed for that too :wv
fingers crossed is right hun, now that something is stirring i'm after getting sooooo impatient & just want baby out now O:| I'm sure i'll be regretting that some morning at 4am when i can't get him/her to stop crying though :duh: :o0
Emme Posts: 4735
[quote="Dot Cotton":wf6vi0ue] ps can you not get your OH to reach in & pull it out now?? :o0 Seriously you've done your time like!![/quote:wf6vi0ue] I feel as though there is something right 'down there' and when I said it to DH he asked me did I want him to have a look....this is what I have to put up with...now he's a f*cking doctor. Like he'd sh1t himself if he did see anything!!!