Starting to freak out!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

New Mrs Posts: 660
Hey girls, Were getting married in September. We have been saying all along that we will get to serious planing after Christmas! Well now that Xmas is over I'm starting to freak out about the amount of things that have to be done! I don't know why!! We have all the big stuff done, I've my wedding dress, bridesmaids dresses in next week and all the other big bits!! Don't know what's wrong with me!!!
stick Posts: 1229
i'm getting marreid in April. I kept sayin when i get to 6 months to go i'll start sorting the little things, then that came and went and i said i'd sort the little things after Xmas, not Xmas has been i'm freaking a bit too. i think its just the way humans are programmed
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
i'm sept also and cant wait til tomorrow til i can say "we're getting married this year!!" :o)ll :o)ll
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
[quote="RainbowNinja":3okg30gp]i'm sept also and cant wait til tomorrow til i can say "we're getting married this year!!" :o)ll :o)ll[/quote:3okg30gp] +1
happieout Posts: 3111
enjoy it all girls, got married a couple of months ago and it feels surreal now. loved all the run up and the excitement! but it goes fast so savour it!
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
ah you've loads of time- don't panic. Just enjoy it!
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Oh God I'm freaking out too! Not cos of stuff that's to be done, exactly. I've the big things done and I know I'll get the rest of it done. Particularly as I only mind my wee niece three days a week so I've lots of free time. It's more....I'm going to be MARRIED in about 14 weeks. ARRRRRRRGHGHGHGHGHGHHGHHGHG MARRIED! Finding it very hard to get my head around, now that it's in weeks. I just.........it's weird. Things are going to change so much. I'm changing my name. I'm going to be married. He will be my husband. We're going to start a family, a whole new generation. BUT on the other hand...things are going to stay exactly the same? Do you get me? Same man, same house, after the honeymoon same routine. How can things change SO much yet stay the same? Deep, no?!
Bellisima Posts: 3583
Ah no I know what you mean its odd really in a way I think you expect things to be really different because its such a significant step but I dont know if they will be. I expect older people will respond to us a bit differently but other than that I dont expect things to change massively - other than the onset of the post nuptial depression!!
LastRolo Posts: 6892
Dont panic or freak out - you have plenty of time!! Best of luck to all the wollies planning their weddings this year!
mrsp2010 Posts: 1461
can i just say...its perfectly normal! weddingitis is highly contageous but curable!