Menu

staying apart wk or 2 before wedding?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

nearlytherenow Posts: 1072
H2B suggested this today? he thinks it would be romantic (we watched don't tell the bride irish version and i think it was their emotional reunion that got him!!) has anyone actually done this? i'm worried that there'll be so much to do i'll stress cos i can't see him face to face. but i do think its a very sweet idea!! :xxx
ciaraella Posts: 5323
Sounds a bit stressful to me! one fo you would have to stay somehwhere else so you'd have to pack stuff to bring with you and not be at home for packing for honeymoon or getting clothes washed etc. it's up to you but i know something like this would have stressed me out!
New Mrs Posts: 660
Not a hope is h2b getting out of all the last minute run around jobs!!
dreamscometrue2012 Posts: 1769
Nope not a hope...one would have to take control of all the last min jobs, which would be me...bit of a control when it comes to things like this...and the major thing is, I would miss him too much, we have never been apart 2 weeks before...the most was 1 week and that was a couple of months after we met as he had already arranged a holiday with his friends!! I couldn't do it...
bibsy11 Posts: 125
No way would i do this, Id be stressing.. and there would be jobs to be done!!! Plus we've never been apart for so long. I def wouldnt enjoy it one bit, in my opinion it would be extra stress!!! Plus im worried about him getting drunk the nite before the wedding, imagine if he had 2 wks to himself!!!!!!! :o)ll :o)ll
finnug Posts: 211
I wouldn't recommed it, I found DH a tower of strength in the week running up to the wedding. He wasn't hugely interested in the details overall TBH but he really came into his own for me that week :lvs
Richard Gavin
Leftbank Posts: 2395
It's a sweet idea but you will need as much help and support specially that time..
paperclips Posts: 3146
Its a lovely idea, but I would miss him to much which would prob stress me out even more.
wifeyttc Posts: 2507
it is a nice idea but to be honest there will so much to do that i dont think id manage without having h2b around plus we live together so dont think it would work that well sending him home to his mams. :eek
Bellisima Posts: 3583
Nope not a chance if we dont see each other 24 hours before the wedding that'll be pushing things!!