Staying at Dublin Airport / Parking at Dublin airport

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

shoegal Posts: 323
Hi everyone Going on hols in a few weeks and need to stay at Dublin overnight & then leave car, and its working out very expensive..... Hotels are minimum of €89 per night and you can no longer book www.quickpark.ie in advance. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks a million
BlushingB Posts: 1634
Bus, taxi, coach, a lift? Give a spare set of keys to someone, ask them to collect the car for you. Leave the ticket in the car for them. Ask them to drop it back for you the day / night before you come home. Do you absolutely HAVE to take the car with you?
Shrub Posts: 956
http://www.ardmore-hotel.com/ New hotel, they seem to have some good airport deals, HTH
shoegal Posts: 323
blushing - i'm not from Dublin, so unfortuantley that is not an option, and is why we need overnight accomodation.... shrub, i'll check that out thanks. any other recommendations?
AislinnS Posts: 1253
Train or bus to Dublin, then aircoach to the airport. Some morning busses even run the whole way out to the airport. Or drive up, but ditch the car at a relative or friends house in Dublin, Naas, Newbridge...even Drogheda, and bus or train in from there. Parking at Dublin airport is insanely expensive, even if you're in the long term carpark.