Stealing the thunder

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MidnightJasmine Posts: 238
His
JustBecause Posts: 3242
Send your save the date cards out first >:o) Sorry that you are upset about it. It probably didn't occur to them that it would be an issue til after they set their date. Could your H2B speak with his cousin and do a division of the rellies? I got engaged a year after my younger cousin and am due to get married a few months before her. It was only when I told her we had picked a date that I realised that it might be an issue. But she has been amazingly supportive and not a touch of resentment. We don't have a large amount of family overlap and our dress, venues, flowers etc are all different. But I am going to make sure she is mentioned in the speech and doing anything else that I can to help her out.
Was thinking of sending save the date to those abroad alright. Any suggestions as to where to source these???
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I have a pretty big extended family so I knew it was a chance another cousin would be getting married around the same time as me. Luckily the next wedding was a couple of months after ours though. I would have been so disappointed if some aunts and uncles couldn't make it to mine as we had a smallish wedding anyway (80). We only invited family and very close friends so it would have made a difference to me alright. But I know you can't block book a month or two around the wedding and these things can happen. Luckily your cousin understands, as a fellow B2B, the stress and worry about guest lists. Hopefully it won't cause too much disruption. Will there be alot of travel involved for the guests if they want to go to both? Maybe it won't cause as many people to have to choose as you think. Best of luck anyway :action32
joker Posts: 2789
I have a huge family... some have already said they cant attend and the invites aint even gone out... how do you know that they'll go to her wedding not yours.... its up to individual circumstances but some may be able to afford the two... Some of your relatives may be closer to you than her and choose to go to your wedding... dont stress yet!
gillette Posts: 1803
I agree with joker in that hopefully the relatives haven't taken a decision yet on whether they'll attend one/both/neither. Is one of the weddings going to be abroad as I suppose that would be a reason for people not to travel to both. I've three cousins (siblings) all getting married over a five month period and my family will go to all three.
Maybe I'm stressing over nothing.
gillette Posts: 1803
Ah that's fair enough, rant away so.
joker Posts: 2789
Edited as I clearly missed the point!
???? Rant over!