Sterling Transfers

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsWire2b Posts: 335
This is probably a stupid question, but does anyone know anything about sterling transfers? How much do they cost - is it dependant on the value? How long they take to clear? Where can you get them (bank/Post office etc?)? why can't everyone accept paypal?!?! Thanks.
NowGone Posts: 8042
Banks only. I think they charge a flat of of around €20 or so. I got one done recently.
Barbalou Posts: 1617
You can do international transfers on AIB online
Nolongerwollie Posts: 2181
If you have the IBAN & bic code, they can br processed on the same day. If you're with AIB, you can do them on the internet banking. HTH
Thanks. God, €20 is a lot (I only want to transfer €40)!!!
NowGone Posts: 8042
Yeah, I know. I transfered €160 and nearly fainted when they told me the charge. A sterling draft is probably cheaper maybe?
Yeah, I thought about that. I did a little bit of googling earlier before I posted and came acropss a forum where they said a bank draft could take up to 30 days to clear!!! I can't understand that myself, as it's prepaid, but I figured the transfer would be the best way to guarantee payment.......
Nolongerwollie Posts: 2181
On AIB internet banking urgent transfers cost 12.70, otherwise they are free but can take 3-4 days to transfer. HTH
clucky Posts: 26471
[quote="MrsWire2b":3ouwa3w7]Yeah, I thought about that. I did a little bit of googling earlier before I posted and came acropss a forum where they said a bank draft could take up to 30 days to clear!!! I can't understand that myself, as it's prepaid, but I figured the transfer would be the best way to guarantee payment.......[/quote:3ouwa3w7] yeah its crap it takes 15 working days to clear