Still nothing....after coming off pill

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsPunisher2b Posts: 48
I came off Yasmin back in Oct, had a period in Dec & NOTHING since!!!!! I have spoke with my doctor, he explained it can take up to 12 months for my body to become regular again & it's nothing to worry about Saying that I was irregular when I first started on the pill about 7 years ago, so def wasn't expecting my body to bounce back straight away lol I have tried fresh parsley tea to help bring along a late period, I got all the symptoms, lower back pain etc but STILL nothing Just I'm getting married next year & def want to start trying to get pregnant after the wedding, so to prevent me being preggers walking down the aisle I plan on going back on the pill in a few mons for about 12 months before the wedding!! My concern now is, after my wedding I don't want my body to take another 12 months to get back to normal if we want to get pregnant ASAP Anyone any recommendations to vitamins etc to help my body bounce back????
StarLilly Posts: 684
I had this problem after coming off pill too, twice. The first time I tried acupuncture which worked-period came in within a few days. The second time I went to a gynae (very expensive) and was prescribed like a super strength pill which didn't make me feel good and took longer to work. So when I come off pill again in future I'm going to go back to acupuncture!
[quote="StarLilly":2784zvtl]I had this problem after coming off pill too, twice. The first time I tried acupuncture which worked-period came in within a few days. The second time I went to a gynae (very expensive) and was prescribed like a super strength pill which didn't make me feel good and took longer to work. So when I come off pill again in future I'm going to go back to acupuncture![/quote:2784zvtl] Will have to try the acupuncture & hope it works :) It's crazy to think that after being on the pill for so long it can take our bodies nearly just as long to get back to normal lol
Penny Hill Posts: 1898
Would you think about staying off your pill and using different method of contraception, if you want to try soon after the wedding?
[quote="Penny Hill":262yoddm]Would you think about staying off your pill and using different method of contraception, if you want to try soon after the wedding?[/quote:262yoddm] Yep has definitely crossed my mind, tbh I would be afraid we would get caught out I know it wouldn't be the end of the world But it is still an option as I would like to do this as naturally as possible pre & post pregnancy when ever it happens
nuttybride Posts: 594
Ive been off the pill almost a year now for the same reason - want to start a family straight after Im lucky in that Im pretty regular but we just use alternative contraception. Millions of people just use condoms and are OK :)
featherrocket Posts: 233
I would have a little more faith in your doctor and in your body. It needs time to settle down. 7 years is a long time to be told to do something and now that its not there so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I would also ask the doctor, if your not getting regular periods are you still able to get pregnant? Sounds like a stupid question, but you've stopped telling your body when its ok to ovulate. I would keep off of them for the next year even with the run up to the wedding. It generally takes couples a 12-14 months of trying to get pregnant, now that is not to say it could happen tomorrow, but majority it takes a yr or so. We have been using condoms the last 5 years since I stopped the pill and we have had no pregnancy. Stress and worry also delay your cycle so give you body some time. I wouldn't think there is much out there that you can take to change your hormones, give yourself some more time and try to relax, your body will be ready when its ready.