Still sick :(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
Was meant to go back to work this morning. I was still coughing like mad when I got home and dh told me no way was I going in. So rang doctor and then rang principal. Went to doc while ago and I now have infection on my lungs. So on top of the antibiotics Im taking for throat infection, I'm now taking another one, steroids and a prescription cough bottle. Off work till at least fri. Was meant to go on a girls weekend to Newcastle but doc said not to fly! :weep Just so p!ssed off being sick!
Jawl Posts: 8881
There is so much of that crap going around. Hope you feel better soon.
mamasarus Posts: 831
Well that is the pits, ye poor thing. Sounds serious. I hope you are under a duvet somewhere, resting & watching crap tv. The steroids will kick in v quick. But rest rest rest I'm sick myself, sore throat, cough etc waiting in my anti biotic to start working O:| Starting new job on Monday - not great to be going back to work run down :o(
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
Oh you poor thing, you are getting a really bad dose. get into the bed and get all snuggled up and watch all the soaps and get your DH to look after you, although he sounds as if he is already by making you stay at home from work :lvs hope you feel better soon :thnk
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Oh you poor thing. I had a similar dose for the past couple of weeks and it's taken me ages to shake it. Mine was viral so no antibiotics but I still feel wiped after it, there's an awful lot of lung/throat things going around, plus that winter vomiting virus as well. Mind yourself, stay warm and rest. Also - tip for the steroids, take them as early as humanly possible, as I found I was bouncing off the walls at 3am on them. Awake all night, raring to go. (Didn't have them for this complaint, another illness a while ago.) So taken them every morning at like 7am - even if you've to set your alarm for that early, take them, then go back to bed, do so. I found doing it that way meant I got a decent night's sleep.
mamasarus Posts: 831
[quote="Smileykaz":2iq5mgvt] Also - tip for the steroids, take them as early as humanly possible, as I found I was bouncing off the walls at 3am on them. Awake all night, raring to go. (Didn't have them for this complaint, another illness a while ago.) So taken them every morning at like 7am - even if you've to set your alarm for that early, take them, then go back to bed, do so. I found doing it that way meant I got a decent night's sleep.[/quote:2iq5mgvt] This is very important. I have to sometimes take steroids as I have a chronic disease & the consultant told me you should take the steroids in the morning, first thing. When you wake your body naturally produces it's own steroids and you should try to coincide with this. Otherwise as SK says you'll be bouncing off the Walls at 3am, watching countdown repeats on channel 4. Hope u feel better soon
MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
Tks girls! Yeah the doctor and pharmacist told me to wait till morning to start steroids. Have to take them for a week. Doctor wants me to pop in fri morning so she can make sure I'm improving.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
Hope you feel better soon :action32
strawberries1 Posts: 1245
Al I can say is that you will get better even though you probably don't feel like that now :action32 . I had all my wisdom teeth removed last month in hospital and it was a nightmare. I ended up with an infection and I looked like a chipmunk. I was miserable but when I finally got better it was the best feeling ever and I was flying around the place. So hopefully you will be the same.
streaks Posts: 3592
No way sw! You really are getting a bad run of it. Rest yourself and get plenty of fluids, sounds like you got the bacterial version of the dose that's going around. Get well soon :thnk