Still worried after scan at 7 weeks today! - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

madridsprog Posts: 272
I had my first one at 6 weeks and it was tiny had the same transvaginal one, try not too worry too much, ours was a lot bigger for the 8 week scan. (In spain they scan once a month) I thought I had worked it back right on our dates too but they told me our bean was older than I thought so try not to push your dates too much on them and see what they say, as for the heartbeat, it can settle very quickly or can take a little longer to maintain a good rythym, around 8 weeks for it all to settle down. your next scan will be so much better, you will see more and the heartbeat too. try not to stress out, i know its easier said than done. Other than that I cant believe she said that to you, shes there to make you feel better not more stressed!! GOOD LUCK with the next scan am sure you will be fine just think loads of positive thoughts:
Wanna Bump Posts: 117
Hi all, my DH thinks the doc didn't have a clue how to use the scanner she said at one point "how do I zoom in on this thing" and then siad "oh that sounds terrible me saying that but this is a new machine". I was seen in the early pregnancy unit I did expect her to check the size and get me the exact dates but she wasn't able to measure on the scanner. It was only when I was talking to my DH last nite he was talking through all of this again. I just put all my faith in the doc and would never think that she wasn't any good on the scanner. Our next apppointment in the early pg unit is with another doc so I'm hoping that doc will be better on the scanner. I still have really bad morning sea sickness is the best way to put it and have sore breasts so I'm hoping that's a good sign. I think I'll ring my GP today and just talk to him and see what he thinks. Thanks for all the post. Gemini Chica I'd love to hear how you get on on Thursday as you are at around the same stage as me and it might prove my DH right that the doc was brutal.... I'm hoping on the 26th we will see more and be reassured!! :thnk
theoracle Posts: 7664
Wanna bump, that sounds encouraging. I have been scanned before by a cons/doc on duty ie either a cons or a gynae and they are not the best on the equipment as they only sporadically use it. You know immediately when you are seen by a person who scans all the time and know what they are doing. I'd say you have been seen by a doc on duty (perhaps even a locum) who is not quite on par with the machine esp. as she couldn't even give you a measurement! All the best of luck.
Hi all, just to let you know that I rang the EPU this afternoon and just told them about my experiance and how I felt more worried after the scan with the doctor :o( I was actaully told there is a better doctor to see and I got another appointment for this Thursday morning. :compress But I kinda feel like now i'm over reacting a bit but I just didn't feel like I could have waited another two weeks guessing and worring if everything was ok. I do feel a good bit better and hopefully on Thursday I'll come away feeling reassured :-8 Thanks for all the posts :thnk
Inlove10 Posts: 806
[quote="Wanna Bump":2hfxmako]Hi all, my DH thinks the doc didn't have a clue how to use the scanner she said at one point "how do I zoom in on this thing" and then siad "oh that sounds terrible me saying that but this is a new machine". I was seen in the early pregnancy unit I did expect her to check the size and get me the exact dates but she wasn't able to measure on the scanner. It was only when I was talking to my DH last nite he was talking through all of this again. I just put all my faith in the doc and would never think that she wasn't any good on the scanner. Our next apppointment in the early pg unit is with another doc so I'm hoping that doc will be better on the scanner. I still have really bad morning sea sickness is the best way to put it and have sore breasts so I'm hoping that's a good sign. I think I'll ring my GP today and just talk to him and see what he thinks. Thanks for all the post. Gemini Chica I'd love to hear how you get on on Thursday as you are at around the same stage as me and it might prove my DH right that the doc was brutal.... I'm hoping on the 26th we will see more and be reassured!! :thnk[/quote:2hfxmako] Actually now that I remember when I went to A&E with bleeding the Doctor on that day didn't relaly know how to use the scanner. She booked me in for a proper scan for 10 days later and this was done by a midwife who knew how to use it, completely different experiences Good luck...
gemini chica Posts: 2581
Wanna Bump, don't be sorry at all you were right to call back and express your concern and now your mind will be at rest alot sooner, we can check in on Thurs and fill each other in on what we see!!!
Thumbelina Posts: 2340
Well done you!!! Dead right to ring & complain. Have everything crossed for you on Thursday x
Thanks T & G I'll fill you in tomorrow I feel much better about going again. :o)ll Hopefully it will all be ok I've not been spotting since :-8 thank god.
Hi girls, just back form the EPU after having the second scan the doc was much better gave alot more details measured everything explained every thing and was so quick on the machine. :o)ll My DH and I are so relieved. :xox From the measurements I'm only actually 6weeks and 4 days not 7 weeks and 4 days like I thought so its still early days. I feel so much better she said that 80 % of women have bleeding and once its not heavy and painful its normally perfectly fine :lvs Word of advise if your not happy with any part of your treatment etc speak up and be heard I'm so glad I did and now I'm not going to be worrying for the next two weeks about nothing! Have another scan in two weeks time and now I'm really looking forward to that :wv Thanks for all the post you all really helped me :thnk
Emme Posts: 4735
Wanna bump thats brilliant! Imagine the stress had you not rang back and complained! Great news. :o)ll