STOCK UP ON GREEN TEA LADIES

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mama sugar Posts: 1387
well girls if august is going to be our month I intend to try anything...I have taken green tea a while ago as thought it would help loose weight not bad tasting but read an article here it is [quote:3s4f3bag]Why is green tea good for you? According to some of the doctors, switching over to green tea can help you lose weight, reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer, or maybe even get pregnant, if you're a woman and so inclined. The healthful properties of green tea are largely attributed to polyphenols, chemicals with potent antioxidant properties. In fact, the antioxidant effects of polyphenols appear to be greater than vitamin C. The polyphenols in green tea also give it its somewhat bitter flavor. These polyphenols are associated with anti-cancer and anti-heart disease effects. Studies are still incomplete and inconclusive, but are pointing strongly toward having a protective effect against these two deadly diseases. In the past, women having difficulty conceiving might have been advised to limit their caffeine intake. But recent studies suggesting that stimulating drinks, and specifically green tea, might boost fertility. In a study conducted at Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program of Northern California in Oakland, researchers found that women who drank more than one half cup of caffeinated green tea every day doubled their odds of conceiving. No significant association was found for other caffeinated beverages; therefore researchers concluded that a chemical component of tea other than caffeine might have been responsible for the increase in fertility. [/quote:3s4f3bag] getting some green tea at lunch x
naynay Posts: 107
Enjoy and good luck!
feelsobad Posts: 693
Sugar C How long have you been trying? I drink lots of it anyway so fingers crossed ;)
Miss Sunshine Posts: 1128
Doing the shopping after work. I must get some. Isn't it yucky though. Does it help loose weight aswell. Could do with loosing a few pound before i get preggers
clucky Posts: 26471
[quote:2wo3pr1n]Doing the shopping after work. I must get some. Isn't it yucky though. Does it help loose weight aswell. Could do with loosing a few pound before i get preggers[/quote:2wo3pr1n] jesus dont do that you are underweight as it is i heard that about the green tea though
ed* Posts: 402
I also heard recently that too much can have the opposite affect re ttc. Apparently 1 cup per day is the recommended amount. Sorry, but I can't remember where I read it, just thought I'd share
Miss Sunshine Posts: 1128
I think its supposed to be good to detox and cleanse the body. lucky i'm not underweight. I was pulling your leg. wish i was :lol:
Only our second month trying but anything helps!!!! no I drank it before and its fine you get used to it, you can make it as strong or as weak as you like!!! if it helps loose weight, helps preventing heart disease and cancer as well as helping you to conceive...sounds good to me!!!!! :lol: got it at lunch so here it goes :lol:
AislinnS Posts: 1253
If you're ttc, you need to up your folic acid if you drink more than 3 cups a day of it (2 tabs instead of one), as it can inhibit absorption. It has great benefits for ttc'ers though, so is worth the downside :)
thanks for the tips girls i wont drink too much and will up my folic acid just in case thanks x