Stomach Bug/Diarrhea

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

shellzey Posts: 185
Girls, I am feeling crap today. Have had bad cramping & diarrhea the last 24 hrs :-8 . Just wondering if any of have got this while pregnant & if there is anything I should do. I have not eaten anything but have managed to keep up the fluids. Should I go to my doctor or will it just sort itself out?. Thanks :thnk
thats amore Posts: 714
sorry to hear that. must be really uncomfortable to have it whilst pg. a safe cure is flat coca cola as it contains the same stuff as Dioralyte and works just as well. a nurse gave me that tip and it does work. also a glass of water with just a pinch of salt will help to replace lost minerals in the system. hope you feel better soon :thnk
shellzey Posts: 185
Thanks thats amore, i'm going to try that now!
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
that sounds like the best thing, give it a go...hope you're ok
MaltaMammy Posts: 853
mrssummer so sorry to hear your ill, I had that vomiting & diarrhea bug for two days over Christmas, it's just so horrible, don't worry about eating, and if you get hungry just have dry toast or crackers - really bland stuff, if it's a bug your doctor more than likely won't see you, I rang mine and asked if I should come in he nearly had a heart attack, these bugs spread like wildfire! So just keep up the fluids and get plenty of rest and sleep and you should be feeling better in a day or two.