stomach pains

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tanyababy. Posts: 511
would any of you be worried if you had AF like pains. Im 7 weeks gone but every now and then I get AF like pains for a few minutes and then they disappear. I dont have any spotting. I know that abdominal pains are normal early as the womb is preparing itself but at 7 weeks these should be gone, right? Or wrong?
steen Posts: 1335
I have a similar feeling like AF is coming but doesn't most of the time. I think its okay as long as there is no bleeding.
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
I started getting them yesterday. I'm 8.5wks. I don't think it's anything to worry about so long as there's no blood - they are usually explained as stretching pains. I had them on DD too
broody chick Posts: 203
I never used to get period pain til the day before they arrive. At the early weeks right up to 12 weeks i got pains pretty often. It was the first sign for me i was pregnant, so don't worry about them at all.
chicam Posts: 1169
AF-like pains are apparently the uterus stretching. I have had them all through the pregnancy, on and off but was amazed I was having them as early as the 6 week mark...nothing to worry about I'm sure for you!
Bridezilla07 Posts: 2237
Totally normal unless you're experiencing blood. Everytime I had those pains I ran to the toilet fearing the worst. I've relaxed (somewhat) at 13 weeks! Enjoy your pregnancy!
beaker Posts: 379
I still get them, on and off and i'm 27 weeks so I wouldn't be too worried about it. I did mention it to my doctor when i was about 10 weeks and she said it was stretching. hope this helps.
smurf77 Posts: 2216
Yeah I had these too earlier on and was worried at the time. Must be your uterus streching as prev poster said