storing of cord blood?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dora the explorer Posts: 1570
Is this facility available in Ireland, has anyone looked into it>?
Emme Posts: 4735
Found this Dora, they do it in Mt Carmel. I'm going to ask about it at my next appointment and I'll let you know what the story is. I can afford to do it for this babs but I don't know if I will for the rest and it doesn't seem right to do it for one and not the others. http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 85759.html
Thanks Emme unfortunatley for me its something I probably should have looked into already my family have a history of lukeamia and my sis had a bone marrow transplant, so its something I should really do I reckon. Thanks for the info.
Raging with myself apparently not available in the Rotunda I should have looked into this before.
theoracle Posts: 7664
The company that does it is medicare and it (used to) cost 2780E for banking it for 20 years. http://www.medicare.ie/Product/Category ... spx?cid=34 I *think* you should be able to write some of it off through taxes if it is shown it is a genuine need.
Thanks for that too hu101, might do a bit more research. Wonder can you use the one cord for all the babies. It's a cheap enough insurance policy I suppose when you look at it like that.
Emme, not really hun, as we all can have different blood types, when my sister needed her transplant for instance I was a match but our other sister was way off, so it would all depend.
Ah well, instead of getting a car on their 18th I'll give them their cords back! Have emailed this morning to see if they can send me an info pack. Hard to know what to do. TG no cancer in my family at all but you'd never forgive yourself if they have something that could be helped.
Emme, I was just talking to them there, and I have contact details do you want me to pm you?
Thanks Dora, I was onto them already! Thanks tho. :thnk