Storing.....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ginger power Posts: 1632
Girls as seen below on my ticker im married 3 months, iv finally got my wedding dress cleaned, but i dont know how to store it, dry cleaners said they put them in storage box and they would do it for me, im just wondering what has others done, i have it in plastic bag, hanging in wardrobe at moment :-8 O-O
dilin o damhsa Posts: 776
Mine was boxed up by the dry cleaner before Christmas and is on top of the wardrobe gathering dust.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
I was told by the woman that did the alterations to put it into a black bag on a hanger, but mine is still in the plastic from the dry cleaners hanging in the spare room not even inside the wardrobe as it won't fit! :-8
Niamhor Posts: 529
Mine is lying across the bed in the spare room in the original dress bag it came in. I've still yet to get it cleaned!!!
jan8 Posts: 554
yeah i had mine put in proper storage box with acid-free paper, etc - i know i'll never wear it again but i spent so much on it i want to keep it in good condition.
ginger power Posts: 1632
[quote="jan8":1mh7itr1]yeah i had mine put in proper storage box with acid-free paper, etc - i know i'll never wear it again but i spent so much on it i want to keep it in good condition.[/quote:1mh7itr1] Oh she never said any thing about acid free paper etc? i dont know what to do, might post in old faithful, i dont want to just leave it on bed, tho it looks even better now that its all clean :-8