Strapless bra for corset style wedding dress?????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

preghopes Posts: 468
Hi girls My dress ties up at the back and I am looking for a good strapless bra. The dress is very secure when tied up so dont think the bra will go anywhere! :-8 But still want a good one so that they keep their shape. Im a 34D.... Any suggestions girls? Going to Dublin Sat so if any ideas would like to get it then! I have the new ultimate wonderbra strapless bra in nude colour, My dress is diamond white so if dress slipped I would be afraid you would see the nude colour. Should I just get a white one of these??
sugarandspice Posts: 2378
I think that wonderbra is amazing!!!!! Although I'm not sure if they actually do it in white - maybe give peaches and cream a shout and make an appt with them to look at bras, thye really know their stuff
Mayogirl2011 Posts: 294
:heartbeat:
jamjars Posts: 1721
Do you have to wear a bra? I'm quite busty on top and have probably never in my life not worn a bra but my dress is so secure with the boning etc in it it's completely unnecessary.... good luck anyway!
nix1 Posts: 374
[quote="*jamjar*":3liawl62]Do you have to wear a bra? I'm quite busty on top and have probably never in my life not worn a bra but my dress is so secure with the boning etc in it it's completely unnecessary.... good luck anyway![/quote:3liawl62] totally agree. Any bra or corset I tried just gave me way too much cleavage so give yourself the option of going bra-less too. Bt's were great when I bought some - they allow you to return them if they know its for dress fitting.
I was thinking of going bra less, becuse i had ordinary bra on when first tried on dress with the straps shoved down the sides (so no support) and I thought it was fine. But then when picking up my dress she said I prob should as it will keep a good shape, so not sure what to do!!
Im after creating a poll, to see what everyone is doing!
BusyDee Posts: 8527
No I wouldnt wear a bra and Im very large on top! Its like putting a bra over a bra IYKWIM! Its not like its a flimsy top if it has boning in it and Im sure it will be pulled tight I wouldnt bother but thats just me - some people get horiffied of the thoughts even though no one will know only you (unless you go around telling everyone!)
whoop Posts: 1310
I like the support of a bra, even under my dress which is corset and boned, think it's partly psychological also for me :o0 I got a lightly wired bra from Ultimo which gives lovely shape and isn't evident under dress. I didn't like the wonderbra under it as it felt quite restrictive when both were on together and it gives oomph cleveage which I don't want on my wedding day. Another option is one of those strapless slips that act as a bra and a body slimmer at the same time.