Stressed head

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bride2be2009 Posts: 175
Oh god, fello posters.... please please tell me the crazy thoughts starting to run through my head will go away. I am getting sooooo stressed out. I have no real idea why... I think its that we have just realized that... OMG we have 5 months and the usual I suppose, but we feel like we have nothing done. Now we have everything booked that we can, but dear god I feel over whelmed all of a sudden. We still havent even done our final guest list. I work very long hours and up untill last night when i threw a wobbly..at MIDNIGHT cause I couldnt sleep, i felt like h2B was just leaving all the important stuff up to me. So unfair really, so much to think about! aaahhh.... I know I am being totally unreasonable, but help, please tell me I am not going crazy! :hic
fluffiesmam Posts: 1470
im expecting this as par for the course, when i get stressed and can't sleep, i end up getting so frustrated that i'm reduced to tears! to put your mind at ease, go through all the different things you've booked, and double check them all. then write out a simple "to do" list, marking them into priorities. then address them in order of priority, and delegate. If H2b can't (or won't) help, then ask someone else such as bm, parents, aunts etc.. your prob stressing from exhaustion too, so try to factor that in, tiredness makes us act different. Give yourself a break!
ela28 Posts: 2552
[quote="bride2be2009":23zt2sgl]Oh god, fello posters.... please please tell me the crazy thoughts starting to run through my head will go away. I am getting sooooo stressed out. I have no real idea why... I think its that we have just realized that... OMG we have 5 months and the usual I suppose, but we feel like we have nothing done. Now we have everything booked that we can, but dear god I feel over whelmed all of a sudden. We still havent even done our final guest list. I work very long hours and up untill last night when i threw a wobbly..at MIDNIGHT cause I couldnt sleep, i felt like h2B was just leaving all the important stuff up to me. So unfair really, so much to think about! aaahhh.... I know I am being totally unreasonable, but help, please tell me I am not going crazy! :hic[/quote:23zt2sgl] I had to laugh when I read this I was exactly the same last night,threw a wobbler over exactly the same thing,I was just feeling like it was me that has done all the booking etc so far for all the major stuff but in fact that actually was not true,in fairness have done more so far but he has done a fair share himself and still has his own little jobs to do eg sorting honeymoon etc,I was just feeling all stressed all of a sudden,then I went into a huff and wouldn't talk to him like some spoilt child :-8
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
i agree with bubbles, write down a to-do list. Maybe keep it on your fridge. YOU put your h2b in charge of a few things and maybe your bridal party to take all the burden off you X
miss choc Posts: 1270
I'm feeling stressed right now H2B stressing me out had a tiff that he didnt get enough sleep and somehow blaming me for giving him jobs to do. I have loads of lists made out and and everything done but getting these fits of crying feeling I have tons to do I know I need to calm down but the other half isnt helping :o(
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
Awe you poor chicken, I have no advice for you really cos as you see its AGES to my wedding but I bet I'll be just like you...... I am what they describe as a worrier so I bet I will be in exactly the same position as you in roughly 18 months!!! Try to relax and get h2b to help out..... sorry I'm not much help to you, heres a virtual hug :action32
Thanks I heard from past brides that everything gets organised well in advance and then leading up to the day there are all the little details which are worse to sort out than the big things I stressing over little things now like who is picking up suits, packing and confirming appts for this and that. I cant really do anymore in 3 days gonna watch telly now with a big mug of coffee and toast and chill the crying session is over :-8
Starbar2010 Posts: 1261
I dont have a date yet and I'm stressing cause of that. I have people nagging me in all directions and I am actually thinking of eloping! Sure there'd be a few annoye people but we'd have a nice peaceful day!! :o)ll Going to see another venue tonight, we know we want to get married at the end of next year but thats all we know. On the upside though I am going dress shopping next month, can't wait :o)ll
Serendipity2009 Posts: 1224
Don't worry pet there isn't one of us here hasn't had a total meltdown (or 10 in my case!!!!) since the start of the wedding planning. It does pass, don't worry. I go through weeks of being blissfully calm and not worrying about the wedding, and then weeks of being psychobunny. I can't wait for the whole thing to be over to be over to be honest. I am just looking forward to the honeymoon. The emotional rollercoaster ride is too much, the money, the stress all that, way too much for way too long, I just want it over. You will be ok though is what I am trying to say in a really poor way. Everyone feels the same, so don't feel alone. As for your h2b, he sounds like most of our h2b's here, not really interested, not doing much and not too bothered. That is about it in a nutshell. That is why women are better at multi tasking, God made it so we are more organised so we can do things like plan a wedding.
Ha so true he doesnt really care about flower colours, type of wedding car etc he is very laid back I think what happened is all these months I was organising and sorting his stuff he is panicing the last weeks cos there are things he can only do himself. He went from not really doing anything last week to doing 7 jobs yesterday !! if that had been me I would have staggered them out men are unreal :o0 I think its cos the wedding planning has been dragged out for so long that I too just want it out of the way now I just want the day itself and the honeymoon to chill. Wouldn't fancy getting married again and going through all this again :eek