Stressed !

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fifi0409 Posts: 85
Hi all, As you can see I am due to get married in just under 2 weeks.. and... have just found out I am going to be made redundant within the next 3 months... I feel so completely stressed out and cannot focus on anything other than worrying about lack of job. Finacially we are okay - for a while anyway could cope.. but I feel panicky and unable to switch off and enjoy run up to the wedding. H2B is despairing of me ! Thank YOooouuuu *)
fifi0409 Posts: 85
what I should have said - does anyone have any tips on this and how to stop me crying ! :o)ll
vonanto Posts: 395
Hey there - my honest opinion would be to forget about the redundancy for now there is nothing you can do about it and enjoy the run up to your wedding. Both H2B and I were made redundant at the same time - just after booking the wedding, he was able to get a job (on about half the pay), I am still only temping here and there. I was totally freaking out, we didnt want to postpone the wedding had deposits on everything so we went ahead with it. When you come back from honeymoon register with all recruitment agencies in you area,keep an eye on Jobs.ie etc. I know it sounds bad but worrying is not going to help the fact that you are being made redundant and is only going to ruin this time when you should be excited about the wedding. Stay positive is the best advice I got, being upset only made it harder for everyone in my case anyway Good luck with everything I'm sure it'll work out and have a fab wedding & honeymoon :wv :wv :wv :wv
vinoqueeno Posts: 3511
Hi, Really sorry to hear about your situation. What I would say (& I know it might be easier said than done) is to try to put the redundancy issue out of your mind. While not a very nice thought, there may be many times in your life that you'll find yourself without a job however you're probably only going to get married once & you don't want to look back at the run up to your wedding in years to come & think about how stressed you were. As the op said just try to enjoy the wedding hype & priorities that for the moment and then when you get back from honeymoon settle yourself down to try to find a job. If that doesn't help just look at your situation objectively - you're getting married in 2 weeks; you've probably got plenty of family & friends around you to support you; as you've said you're pretty secure financially for the moment so int he grand scheme of things you'll be well able to cope. Good luck with the wedding & try not to stress too much :thnk
manxmrs Posts: 850
Great advice there. I got made redundant in May, but managed to work mornings instead. I am only getting paid for 2 mornings currently. My H2B also took a big drop in his take home pay, but we are being careful with our wedding budget, and other things. I was doing the same i.e registereing with agencies for my location, checking websites daily and keeping contacts updated for word of mouth. Still keep an eye on things, as don't know yet what will happen and need to earn more dosh! Really really hope things work out for you both, I'm sure they will. Enjoy your big day, both of you, and keep positive :wv
vonanto Posts: 395
[quote="caitf84":3dr2if9h]Hi, Really sorry to hear about your situation. What I would say (& I know it might be easier said than done) is to try to put the redundancy issue out of your mind. While not a very nice thought, there may be many times in your life that you'll find yourself without a job however you're probably only going to get married once & you don't want to look back at the run up to your wedding in years to come & think about how stressed you were. As the op said just try to enjoy the wedding hype & priorities that for the moment and then when you get back from honeymoon settle yourself down to try to find a job. If that doesn't help just look at your situation objectively - you're getting married in 2 weeks; you've probably got plenty of family & friends around you to support you; as you've said you're pretty secure financially for the moment so int he grand scheme of things you'll be well able to cope. Good luck with the wedding & try not to stress too much :thnk[/quote:3dr2if9h] That was what I was trying to say in my own inept way - dont know whats wrong with me today :o0