Stressing...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Groovy-Chick Posts: 2383
Wasn't really sure where to post this, just wondering if anyone is feeling the same or can tell me how to relax! Wedding is in 7 months time, and we dont have as much saved at this stage as I thought we would. On the other hand, we have A LOT done, and have a lot of things paid for. I have spoken to H2B about it and he manages to convince me that we'll be fine, we have a good bit of time left and we have loads already done but I find when I go to bed no matter how exhausted I am I cant sleep for ages cause I start stressing again that we won't be able to pay for the wedding! Gets to the point where I just feel sick about it. Is this normal at this stage??
Elban26 Posts: 2458
Hi Groovy chick, I've about 5 and 1/2 months to go and do get into panics lately that we don't have enough saved yet, but then like you, we do have a lot paid for and will probably be fine come the time. I think it's a girl thing, as my H2B, like yours, tells me not to be worrying and that we will be fine!! So I know how you feel but I think we just worry too much sometimes, I'm sure it'll all work out grand :wv
Thanks Elban, glad im not the only one!! Sorry could reply earlier, couldnt get logged back in again!
Elban26 Posts: 2458
You're grand, this site seems to be playing up a lot since the upgrade. It's so slow sometimes!!!
Snuddlums Posts: 1644
Im starting to get very stressed out about the wedding(money,dresses,accomadation anything really)-im on the computer nearly all evening-then i go bed and cant sleep for all the things i need to do,Iv decided to stop going on computer after say 6 unless i havnt got a chance all day.its bad
GalBride Posts: 444
Ah Groovy Chick, I know exactly how you feel. We have 9 months to try to get some money saved but it's really hard to do. I'm on minimum wage and at the min H2B is only working 1 day a week :eek We haven't much paid for at the min - church, dress, deposit for band and dep for venue. I am stressing but himself says ''ah, sure we'll be grand'' :xxx I know we will have to get a loan out anyway but I am freaking out thinking that we are gonna owe a fortune...... kinda takin some of the fun outta wedding planning :weep I'm just gonna keep looking for my bargains and hopefully everything will work out fine ;o) Chin up :action32
SuziQ Posts: 428
We're all in the same boat we have everything organised (except a photographer) deposits paid on most and the outstanding amounts are SCARING me we too have no savings... I keep forgetting that we CAN get a loan... But we already have a loan so was hoping not tohave to get another one. Ah we'll get there some how!!!! Think positive missus and dont let it get u down...
lcarrick Posts: 1639
i havent slept in 4 days. car packed in on sat so had to buy a new one and of course the money had to come out of the wedding. we've cut a few things and we're about 3 grand short. might have to borrow but gonna hold off till april. 5 months to go tomorrow week! all i can say is role on honeymoon!!!
Ah girls, I am in no way happy that we're all so stressed but I am so happy that I'm not alone iykwim!!!! we're lucky because we're both working full time but we just seem to have bills coming outta our ears. Everytime we get some money saved, something happens and it gets spent. On the other hand we have dresses and H2B's suit bought and completely paid for, we have registered and we have a good deposit paid on hotel so if we end up being totally skint at least we will still get married! I like the idea about not going onto net after 6pm...I spend all day at work in front of a computer then I log on at night as well. Can't be good. Night off tonight for Ugly Betty, Greys Anatomy & Desperate Housewives!