Menu

Stretch Marks.../Bio oil or mama mio products? Help!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

preghopes Posts: 468
Hi girls, Im just wondering what you are using for stretch marks I noticed that Bio oil is a main product for pregnant ladies but Im a bit concerned if i should use it or not as it has Vitmain A in it. It has retinyl palmitate in it and i've read in alot of places to avoid this during pregnancy..... oh so confusing! I was thinking of trying the mama mio stretch mark products which are a bit expensive but if they are good i wouldnt mind too much. I have seen another brand Earth Mama Angel Baby products which are completely natural and they are more reasonable but dont know if there any good. Any recommendations? Oh and preferably one that smells nice as i bought natural oil in the chemist and the smell is so not helping my sickness!!
mrsdg2010 Posts: 100
Hi there, I used Bio Oil with baby No1 and although its very good, I fould it took ages to dry in and still felt sticky. I got Mama Mio products as a pressie for Christmas and have also bought Palmers stretch mark cream which I both use regularly. Find that they dry in faster so hopefully they will be as good as the Bio Oil products. Hope this helps...... :wv
Dolliewollie Posts: 163
TBH im not going to waste my money on those creams - I use E45 lotion all over everyday anyway - once you keep your skin moisturised it should be fine! I might get a tub of palmers cocoa butter though as its so yummy and feels really moisterising & non greasy and use it on my tummy area.
SandyClaws Posts: 3108
I used bio oil every day for the first few weeks. I'm 12 weeks and have stretch marks already on one side of my bellybutton.. They started bout 3 weeks ago.. So don't think it makes a huge diff what you use because if you get them you get them... I have faint stretch marks on arms legs boobs etc from wright gain and loss but heyre faint.. These ones on my belly are the reddish ones you see on Pregnant women..
Dolliewollie Posts: 163
Im hoping I'll get away without any! In fairness though I put on weight slowly over the last few years so I have a pretty big belly anyway so hopefully its just used to being stretched lol!
pixiebell Posts: 739
Hi ya, Im using the Boots own brand oil and Palmers cocoa butter moisturizer (its €5 in tesco for a big enough bottle) and the boots oil is €7.35. You could spend a fortune on stuff and still have stretch marks.
John Walsh Guitar
Aventine Posts: 228
I've been using the Bio Oil since I found out I was pregnant. No sign of any marks yet and hoping they won't appear. Not sure if it's down to the Bio Oil or not!!!
candypants Posts: 8575
Midwifes and nurses assured me that nothing works! It is down to your body, you will either get them or you dont unfortunatly, so i wont be wasting my money. I never used anything on DD1 and never got them. I
Veruca-Salt Posts: 1542
My sister never used anything and after 4 babies her tummy is still perfect, my friend used bio oil daily and after one baby hers is covered in them. Seems to be the luck of the draw I guess ;o(
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
[quote="candypants":3bub5i1k]Midwifes and nurses assured me that nothing works! It is down to your body, you will either get them or you dont unfortunatly, so i wont be wasting my money. I never used anything on DD1 and never got them. I[/quote:3bub5i1k] That's what I was told also. I use palmers cocoa butter anyway. I didn't get any.