Stretch Marks - does Bio Oil work?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lilly1000 Posts: 75
I have got stretch marks and was wondering has anyone used Bio Oil. If so does it work in reducing the appearance of stretch marks or completely clearing them? If not does any have any suggesetions? Thanks Girls
Crostini Posts: 1105
i used it throughout pregnancy, didn't stop them appearing, and hasn't made them look any better. they fade over time themselves. but i did read you can get lazer treatment on them to make them look considerably better.
Perci Posts: 3847
In a word, no, unfortunately. I work with a plastic surgeon who says that laser treament for scars/stretchmarks isn't effective either. It can be claimed that it is effective because the nature of scars is that they will fade anyway and will continue to do so while you're having laser treatment.
Crostini Posts: 1105
oh well ha ha!
mum~of~an~angel Posts: 81
I used this all through my pregnancy as well and am continuing to use it post partum. It didn't prevent them and it dosen't seem to make any difference to the ones I now have augusta---Glad to hear the laser treatment isn't effective for stretch marks as I was really considering getting laser for them.
sparklybabe Posts: 3353
i think if you are going to get them your gonna get them tbh however its abit of pampering for mums to be so cant be too bad!
draiocht Posts: 483
I have not used it as i thought it was a bit expensive and i didnt know whether it would work, anyway i have 2 children and i have not got the strecth marks too bad, i do have some but below the knicker line, bottom of my tummy, anyway i used olive oil daily on both pregnancies my skin was lovely and soft and i do think it helped and the best part was it was way cheaper than bio oil. I have been told by an aromatherapist friend that Rosehips oil is good for strecth marks, they have it in the health food shops so might be worth having a look into it.
Mrslovealot Posts: 656
I think it's a question of genes really...I have none thank God but neither my mum nor my sister got them either. I did use BioOil though in the beginning but it gave me a big rash! So I've used the Clarins one which smelled yummy. I also use loads of body moisturiser in the morning and now that I'm out of the Clarins I put Baby Oil on at night.
MrsBump Posts: 869
i used it everyday for the whole preg (well from 5 weeks!!) and I have tonnes of stretch marks!! so didnt work for me!! but I was lovely and smooth after and it smells lovely, I used it as a moisturiser on my face too and I've really senisitive skin and found it great!! so it is good for someting
funkyfish Posts: 7626
burt bees mama bee is fab. i had not 1 stretch mark... smells divine too