stretch marks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

zoe f Posts: 104
i am using palmers cocoa butter has anyone used it and what do ye think[url=http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/:1ejw7br5][img:1ejw7br5]http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev218pr___.png[/img:1ejw7br5][/url:1ejw7br5]
doolittle Posts: 910
Didnt work for me, I still got them...Ah well I like to call them my war wounds :o0
coconut Posts: 2183
i have just bought that heard it was meant to be very good!! i have a mark on my stomach and i use bio oil for that it does work!!!
Hellothere2010 Posts: 2358
I got stretch marks after using cream!!! Is there anything that helps them fade??
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
using bio-oil. A few friends of mine have used it & found it great. So hard to know what if anything will work.
Dora the explorer Posts: 1570
if your going to get them you will anyways, but the cocoa butter will help your skin when it;s stretching, I think bio oil is good for scars and marks you already have
dreamer Posts: 3941
Girls, When do the stretch marks appear? Is it while you are stretching or after you have given birth? Sorry am a dope! :-8 Have none yet and have been slathering myself in bio oil, clarins treatment oil and Palmer's Cocoa butter.
fabcards Posts: 541
I used silkocks base cream...big tub of it cost a fiver and lasted my whole pregnancy...towards end i did use bio oil also...didnt get any stretch marks...i did however get some on my boobs after i gave birth....its hard when your breastfeeding as you dont want to put anything on them ...i agree with other poster if your gonna get them you will get them no matter what u do
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
[quote="Dora the explorer":1rc0n0zz]if your going to get them you will anyways, but the cocoa butter will help your skin when it;s stretching, I think bio oil is good for scars and marks you already have[/quote:1rc0n0zz] The bio-oil is preventative...gives instructions on it for massage for your tummy when preggers to prevent stretch marks. You can also put a drop of it in your bath water.
juicytube Posts: 38
i got them also and they are horrific, i hate them so i am hoping they go down afterwards (due today!) one tip my mam gave me was to moisturise the hell out of your boobs cos once that milk comes in they boobs go huge and stretch so start moisturising them about 5/6 weeks before the end. she also just used olive oil when she was preggers and never got any marks. so much for spending 30 quid on bio-oil, should of just went to tesco and got some cheap oil.