Stretch marks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MINI DONKEY Posts: 2499
fabcards Posts: 541
not really sure...i didnt get any but i do have a slight mark on my boobs so what out for there esp if they are expanding quickly as mine did
Emme Posts: 4735
I still haven't relaxed about them as I've heard on here of some girls getting them as late as 38/39 weeks...little feicers, they seem to creep up on ya!
esmum Posts: 426
I went to bed with no stretch marks last SUnday night woke up with some monday morning just past 29 weeks then. I had been very good with creams etc. No warning there they were. I think if you are going to get them you will get them and thats it. Nearly cried first, then thought feck it , its part of pregnancy for some.
redfly Posts: 358
I've no experience of them just yet but I know my mum only got them during the actual labour... :eek I wouldn't worry about it anyway hun. What will be will be. Plus they fade in no time.
AHappyMrs Posts: 622
girls, i must be one for the record book...because im getting them already..and as you can see from my ticker, im only 14wks!!! Now i had 3/4 little ones already on my tummy, as i put alot of weight on quite quickly in 2007, but my stomach seems to be getting big so quickly now that i actually have quite a few now! I know im going to be destroyed with them by Jan!!, im currently alternating between bio-oil and E45 cream each night, but dont think its doing any good! what will be will be!
Martiespride Posts: 997
i sailed through the whole pregnancy until 38 weeks and then literally got them over night and i mean overnight, i woke up one morning and had one each side of my bump and the next morning i had more,. they are on lover side of bump so can only see them with a mirror. i drink about 2 liters of water every day as norm and moisturise morning and night as routine anyway, so i reckon you will get them if your going to get them.. i thought id get away without them because my mum has had 4 kids and not one mark and my aunt has had 4 kids and is destroyed with them! O:|
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
I got the first of mine about 4 weeks ago, just below my belly button. Since then however, they have crept up over the belly button, but not out to the side. Also, I got PUPPP rash which starts in the stretch marks, and is making them look worse than I suspect they are, so I don't know how extensive they are at the moment. I reckon if you are going to get them, no amount of mosturising can prevent it. It can just help limit the redness of them and help the healing afterwards.