Stretch Marks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pigeonwife Posts: 3789
Well girls found my first stretch marks last night, one on each side under belly and a bunch over on my love handles (for want of a better description). My 2 questions are... 1. Is it very early to be getting them? 2. Does the bio oil work? Thanks girls :wv
cheerio Posts: 275
I got them around that time as well, I had been using the bio oil prior to that so no, I don't think it does work! I think some people are just more disposed to getting them. I would say keep moisturising, and they will fade in time - you can hardly notice mine and dd is now 14 months - and I was COVERED in them by the end of the pregnancy. So there is hope! :o0
fantac Posts: 4109
i think its just a luck thing, you either get them or you dont - i used bio oil every day from day 1 last time and had none, so am repeating the process this time and hoping/praying/wishing for the same outcome :o0
Daff Posts: 11644
I have white ones on my love handles - but think they might have been there already. I’ve never really looked that closely before! (I’m a diet yo yoer, so that’s why I’d have them) Are they always red to start with, or could I have developed white ones?
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
My new ones are red Daffodil but I have white ones on my bust (first place I put on/lose weight from) and don't ever remember them being red. Went to chemist this am and bought the Palmers Cocoa Butter stretch mark cream. It has Vitamin E and Collagen and Ellasten(?) so here's hoping. Love the smell anyway and it's cheaper than the Bio Oil which doesn't have collagen or ellasten.
tilsun Posts: 4506
I noticed a few on my boobs at the weekend. Got a real shock as it hadn't even occurred to me I would. There's been some impressive growth though so I shouldn't be too surprised.
suitcase of hopes and dreams Posts: 2932
well i'm a site to behold, tum is now like a map of ireland in red stretch marks, appeared at 12/13wks, tried every cream/oil/lotion and potion to no avail. Looks like i'm one of the unlucky ones *)
funkyfish Posts: 7626
i got none not boasting i was just very lucky, i recommend burts bees mama bee or boots sanctuary mama to be excellent and both smell divine.
aylala Posts: 3673
None so far tip wood, but my mam got none either, bt I have been using Vaseline intensve care cocoa butter lotion since around 20 weeks on tummy, hps, boobs and arms