Stretch Marks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Ivory Bride Posts: 111
Anyone used any good creams to help prevent these nasty things...
mrs august05 Posts: 949
i am using vitamin e oil im only 13 wks and 4 days so dont know if it will work but was recommended by a friend who also used it and didn't get any stretchmarks :)
ECK Posts: 38
GIRLS I HAVE 2 KIDS USED EVERYTHING POSSIBLE AND STILL GOT HORRIBLE MARKS ONE CREAM COST MY MAM 70POUND AND I STILL GOT THEM I THINK PALMERS COCOA BUTTER IS THE BEST
charli Posts: 5994
Bio oil is supposed to be great for stretch marks, though i didn't use it, just regular body cream/moisturisers, plenty of it after the shower. i do think if you are destined to get them, you will though, someone people get them if their mams get them, or my friend who was 7 stone got them bad, she think's it's because her very flat tummy stretched so much?!
mrs august05 Posts: 949
ECK i actually read that it has a lot to do with your skin type and how well you moisture your skin i reckon i will get them anyway as i have very very dry skin but just said i would give the oil a go anyway :)
MRS H TO BE Posts: 1410
I'd highly recommend bio oil, I've got no stretchmarks :D Its also brilliant for reducing the appearance of scars.
Ivory Bride Posts: 111
cheers guys, Ill defo try Bio Oil seems to be v popular xx :D
MrsC2B Posts: 500
Second the Bio Oil recommendation, have used it from start and haven't gotten any marks so far though it does have to do with your skin type also, if you are destined to get them you will but using something like Bio Oil will reduce the extent/appearance of them in any case.
mrs.s Posts: 241
Hiya zinc is needed by your body for repairing skin and nails, so if you have a zinc deficiency this can make your chances of getting stretchmarks a LOT higher. The general rule is, if you have white spots on 2 or more of your nails you have a slight zinc deficiency. I got really bad stretchmarks on boobs, bum and thighs when i went through puberty so since getting pregnant i've been taking a zinc supplement and using neals yard mothers massage oil (it smells gorgeous!!) every day on my tummy, bum and boobs. I'm now nearly 34 weeks and no stretchmarks yet! HTH
jellybaby Posts: 2316
Apparently, it's hereditary - if your mam or sisters got them, then you are likely to get them too (doesn't look good for me so :lol: ), but you can use creams or oils to minimise them.