Stretch Marks - what did you use?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

juicytube2 Posts: 245
Hey girls, Looking for advice on the best lotions n potions to use whilst pregnant and when did everyone start using and how often? Thanks :wv
ticketyboo Posts: 625
i just kept moisturised every day and in the last 3 months i used bio oil in the morning and at night. didn't get 1 stretch mark and i was big!
broody chick 09 Posts: 158
bio oil all the way and not one mark :o)ll :o)ll
mrs mammy Posts: 1487
Hi, I really think it depends on your skin whether or not you get marks. I lashed on the bio oil on first pregnancy & thought this is great I have no marks! Until baba was born and realised I was covered in them underneath my bump :o0 I couldnt see under there! I dont think anything will work a miracle on me Im destined to have them as I have loads this time too, they've spread upwards. HOwever, my sis recently gave me a gift of some Clarins Stretch Mark cream and I must say it seems pretty good in that the marks I've developed so far seem to be fading in parts already!
rosiemama Posts: 3363
i used palmers cocoa butter last time and got loads of stretch marks on the bottom half of my tummy, although i think i was always going to get them. this time i'm using bio oil and i find it a lot nicer and it seems to be working so far, but then again it could just be that all my old stretch marks are stretched out again and don't look so bad and i haven't got the new ones yet :o0
Moe21 Posts: 85
I've used bio oil morning and night and so far so good. I think there are a few little marks under my bump but nothing major. I've a month to go though so hopefully they won't start appearing now!!
Anne Boleyn Posts: 709
It's funny, we're just discussing stretch marks on the Feb. babies thread too! I started taking preventative measures as soon as I found out I was pregnant, & so far so good, but I'm still pretty small. I had some Bio Oil which I finished up & then used other products. After I shower in the morning I alternate between using my regular body moisturiser (currently L'Occitane Ultra Rich body moisturiser) & a stretch mark oil I picked up in Sainsbury's when I was in England over the summer (Little Me Organics). I read that you're not meant to use the same product every day as your body gets too used to it so that's why I alternate, & so far so good.
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
[quote="rosie_mama":3akq45vh]i used [b:3akq45vh]palmers cocoa butter [/b:3akq45vh]last time and got loads of stretch marks on the bottom half of my tummy, although i think i was always going to get them. this time i'm using bio oil and i find it a lot nicer and it seems to be working so far, but then again it could just be that all my old stretch marks are stretched out again and don't look so bad and i haven't got the new ones yet :o0[/quote:3akq45vh] That's what I used and I didn't get any
wifetob Posts: 936
I use Bio-Oil and not a mark in site until about 2 weeks ago - suddenly got a good few on the underside of my bump below my belly button......Not impressed!!
Ochre Posts: 877
I tried Bio Oil and was incredibly allergic to it so borntobeamammy has recommended vitamin E oil so I'll try that!