Stretching and Cramping - What is normal - Worried

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MammaMia Posts: 33
I've had fairly bad cramping for the last 2 weeks. It peaked yesterday afternoon and is back to a dull ache again. Its there constantly. So far I have had no bleeding. The pain literally runs from under my belly button down, and right across my tummy. How much cramping is normal - I'm almost 7 weeks? This is my first pregnancy and I'm starting to feel very clueless and being almost too aware of every little ache and twinge. Help!!! :o(
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
I was getting that in the beginning... just the uterus streching appearantley, still get it now every now & again. Had the most awful pain last night had to lie down, took me about 10 mins to cop what it was ... constipation!! So you might have this too! Main thing is not to worry... a few pains & aches is totally normal!
MammaMia Posts: 33
Thanks! I've never been so aware of my body before now. Roll on the twelve week mark.
mrs.july Posts: 3167
I get this too-it's worse at night-sometimes I'm curled up in a ball in bed and feel awful but it does pass.
doolittle Posts: 910
Yeah i had that too, I used to walk the floors at night to try to ease the pain, think it passed around 10 weeks. Its apparently a good sign that the womb is stretching to accomodate in the baby :wv
ellee Posts: 666
I had loads of cramping too, really strong, could hardly stand up straight with it some days. It did seem to ease off around the 10w mark. hth :wv
babydust Posts: 124
I have slight period pain from time to time but the nauesea is awful..had the sickest stomach ever during the week.. six weeks gone... oh and had diarohea during the week too!