Menu

String Quartet

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

polo Posts: 3
Hello We are hoping to have a string quartet play in the church and at the drinks reception, both the Millar String Quartet and the Bohemian String Quartet are available on our date. Has anybody any info on either of these??? Thanks
Mrs Boo Posts: 43
Hiya We have booked Bohemian Strings. Have you been in touch with them yet because they will send you out a promotional CD. We thought they were lovely but everyone to their own. My fiance was concerned that their reptoire list did not include many modern pieces, like the Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel etc. but they have agreed to learn any new piece that we want played at no additional cost, which if you have looked into many quartets is very unusual. We also thought they were very reasonably priced. We are looking for someone to play at the ceremony and during the meal. Most quartets were charging us for the down time in between, or just didn't offer that. Bohemian Strings were very reasonable compared to others. Finally they sent us a list of their upcoming performances and it included many weddings and appearances before the presidents which we though was impressive. Best of luck and let me know how what you decide on!!!
tallulah Posts: 484
Hi Tulips, Do you have a contact number for them? Also what sort of price are they?
polo Posts: 3
Hi Thanks Tulips they are sending out a cd in the post and we are going to see them next week, as you said they seem to be doing a lot of weddings and performances which is a good sign, will let you know. Tallulah i don't have a contact number but the email address is [email protected]
Hi tallulah They are charging us €950 to play for at the church including 20 mins before the guests arrive and for an hour and a half during the meal. They have loads of options to choose from and I think for the church alone they charge €400 They also have the option of a trio which is a piano and I think two violins, also lovely but slightly cheaper. Their number is 086 8510904 or check them on the web http://www.czechstrings.com/ Good luck
Thanks, I got in touch with them yesterday so they are sending out the DVD I cant wait to hear them. The string quartet is the only thing that I'm really set on having at the wedding I just goose bumps everytime I hear one play. Mind you i do tend to get moved to tears when I hear classical music so I may end up sniveling my way down the isle!
sorry I meant to say aisle!
Yeah I know exactly what you mean. I always wanted a quartet but my finace thought they were a bit "pretentious" until he heard one at his brother's wedding and changed his mind. So now we are both set on them completley. I really really hope you are as impressed with them as I was then you may have a more musically trained ear than me...... Let me know what you think??????