String Quartet

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bluebellbride Posts: 610
Hi all! I am just hitting the 6 month mark now before the wedding and need to get a move on with booking things! I am hoping to have a string quartet (or trio?) in the church with a singer to accomodate the classical/traditional music I really want to have. However, after pricing one this morn for 1300 I am unsure if it will be possible. Does anyone know if this is a standard price or are there others out there who didn't pay as much? I have no clue about the cost of this. We are going to married in the South East area and would love a few suggestions/recommendations if anyone has any. Thanks in advance. Bluebell O:o)
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
Hi Bluebellbride, I will PM you details of mine - I am paying €630 for string trio & singer in Leinster area but am sure they all travel. I got a few quotes and none of them were as expensive as €1,300! Definitely shop around before you book.
Sheldonsfan Posts: 350
Have you tried Sacred Sounds? You can pick which instruments you want and I think their trio is €550. We have booked them for ours and they have been great to deal with so far :)
Thank you both so much, I am delighted that it is not out of my reach! Thanks so much :xox Keep it coming people!!
nearlybride2013 Posts: 56
Hi Bluebellebride! We booked our string trio for 450, they are astral string quartet, they played at my friends wedding a few years ago and she was very happy with them. You might pay a bit extra for travel (im based in dublin) but they were the cheapest we found. They are very friendly to deal with too. Good luck!
I will give them a call as Lizzie, the one you pm'd me about are booked up :weep
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
Aw no way :( Astral are excellent too, I crashed a wedding ceremony to hear them play & was very impressed - hope they are free on your date!
strawberries1 Posts: 1245
I used Sirona Strings and was happy with them. I think it was around 600 for the string quartet. We didn't have a singer just the music.
littlestars Posts: 88
[quote="mrssmythtobe":3kb9l5ze]Hi Bluebellebride! We booked our string trio for 450, they are astral string quartet, they played at my friends wedding a few years ago and she was very happy with them. You might pay a bit extra for travel (im based in dublin) but they were the cheapest we found. They are very friendly to deal with too. Good luck![/quote:3kb9l5ze] I priced astral a few weeks ago and i was quoted €700, O:| I am also looking for a string quartet but I am not in a position to pay that much
nuttybride Posts: 594
We have booked Carolan String Quartet for our civil ceremony and they are really good to deal with so far. PM if you would like some info :)