Menu

stuck between 2 choices for processional! Help me choose!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

AmandaMc Posts: 1813
OK I am planning on printing on my mass booklet this weekend- one thing holding me up is I can't decide on the processional. Have always loved canon in d- even though I'm not sure I could make it up the aisle without balling my eyes out! Our musician plays a midi file and plays guitar over it- it's lovely. OR we may go for something a bit different- this is the gladiator theme tune. Our wedding singer is Nikki Kavanagh- she's unreal but more contemporary than this girl but I still think it will be beautiful. Would love some opinions as it's wrecking my head, I'm playing them both constantly: http://sineadconway.com/wp-content/uplo ... reFree.mp3 I'd love them both- I know some people have a seperate song for BM's but we've a small wedding party and our aisle is only a couple of feet long so it would be a bit ridiculous!!
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Canon in D was our processional and I absolutely adore it so that's got my vote!!
It is hard to beat isn't it?! I was determined to have something different but now I'm thinking why, when it's possibly one of the nicest pieces of music ever! We could still have the other one, perhaps for the siging of the registar of even the recessional (prob not upbeat enough)
wifeyttc Posts: 2507
We are having Cannon in D too on the harp.Sometimes the simple music is nicer and as you have said you can always have both pieces of music.
Yeah simple can be nicer alright...and I can really imagine myself walking up the aisle to it- plus it's probably my Dad's favourite piece of music ever. I remember him years back with a few glasses of vino on him, playing it full whack in the house- drove me nuts at the time! Anyway would be a nice thing for him too
ohsotired Posts: 7071
If it ain't broke why fix it!?! The thing I love now is that anytime I hear Canon in D on TV etc it brings me back to the minute the string quartet started playing it at our wedding!! :lvs :lvs :lvs
[quote="ohsotired":2h4b78ik]If it ain't broke why fix it!?! The thing I love now is that anytime I hear Canon in D on TV etc it brings me back to the minute the string quartet started playing it at our wedding!! :lvs :lvs :lvs[/quote:2h4b78ik] I can imagine how beautiful it was with a string quartet playing it! Harp is stunning too, however I'm suprised how nice the guitar is playing it too! Decision made I think! You summed it up ohsotired 'if aint broke...'
Sprocket Posts: 1671
Hi Amanda, You seem to have your decision made but I was just replying to say Canon in D too. It's a classic and will never date :) Edited to add, I would have loved to have had it at our wedding but DH used to play the cello in a youth orchestra and has played it so many times that he now hates it :weep
Thanks Mrs P, it's now 100% made up!!
Just have to listen to it as much as possible between now and June 17th to make me more immune to it!! Don't want to ruin my makeup before I get to the top of the aisle :)