stupid airlines

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ginger nut Posts: 5989
booked flights to barcelona for this summer with Clickair....booked them because their flight times were better than aer lingus or ryanair and the departures were in the afternoon . Just got email to say flight times have been changed to early morning - now leaving barcelona at 7am instead of 2pm O:| O:| O:| O:|
judibaby Posts: 2085
Never heard of Clickair Ginger- but sure you should just fly first class and sip champers like I do!! [img:js602r8p]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/cool/cool37.gif[/img:js602r8p] :innocent:
ginger nut Posts: 5989
they are a new budget airline in spain. Just hope they are still flying in august! But me and my hubby have decided that we'll just have to stay up all night and go straight to airport in the early morning so it's not all bad :o0 :o0
judibaby Posts: 2085
Imagine ye getting on the plane! :hic Like your style tho!! O-O
pluppy Posts: 3519
hate when airlines do this, so frustrating
contented Posts: 2625
hiya, a lot of these "new" airlines are actually only agents for bigger airlines, like aer lingus. i bet if you check the flights they could be the same time - and maybe the same flight number. aer lingus, i hate to say, are the most unreliable shower for short haul flights. i've been left stranded in spain a good few times by them. excuse was there was a technical fault and i found out afterwards they didnt have enough passengers for the flight to be profitable for them, even though they had sold the tickets!!!
newly_wed Posts: 1039
[quote="Ginger Nut":yqtvo6q0]booked flights to barcelona for this summer with Clickair....booked them because their flight times were better than aer lingus or ryanair and the departures were in the afternoon . Just got email to say flight times have been changed to early morning - now leaving barcelona at 7am instead of 2pm O:| O:| O:| O:|[/quote:yqtvo6q0] Don't get me going on this topic or I won't stop!!!! A load of our wedding guests have been affected by this change and we are really peeved off abt it! Now guests who were supposed to be flying back at the reasonable hour of 2 in the afternoon the day after our wedding,are now flying at 7 in the morning which means being at the airport at 5a.m. and the venue is abt an hr from the airport!!! The party won't even be over!!! Not only that but this is the 2nd airline that has messed our wedding guests around!!!!!!! Lots of our guests had originally booked with Iberia & these were the really organised lot who got in there early & got great value flights-a few months later Iberia announced that they were no longer flying direct to Barcelona & all our guests were re-routed via Madrid making their journey time over twice the length each way & also radically changing the hours they were flying at,reducing their time in Barcelona considerably!!! We were really upset at the time as people cancelled their flights and re-booked with Aer Lingus but had to pay alot more. Then Clickair came on stream and all those who hadn't booked yet booked thru them & then when I heard abt Clickair yesterday I nearly got sick!!!! I couldn't believe something had happened again! And to add it all, the airline we had booked our honeymoon flight with to Tenerife went bust!!!!!!!!!!! O:| P.S. Getting anxious, Clickair is part owned by Iberia but the new flights are not the same as any flights that were going already.