Stupid drivers overtaking on a bend

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
Ladies got the fright of my life today. Was going around a bend and there was a fcuker coming towards me on my side of the road casue he was overtaking two cars :ooh :ooh :ooh :ooh :ooh :ooh He just about nipped in before I reached him and was about to slam on the brakes. I dread to think what would have happened if I'd been going even a little faster. To make it worse DS was in the car with me. It scared me so much and mad me so angery I had to pull into the side of the road to calm down. Seriously who overtakes one car let alone two going around a bend? >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( Dumb fcuking assholes that's who O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:|
lolabelle Posts: 3311
Ghostchild that's awful. You poor thing. What a Gobsh1te! I'm not really shocked tbh because once you've seen how they drive here nothing shocks you. I've seen it all. No one uses indicators. I've seen people drive the wrong way around a roundabout to get in front of others. I've seen people driving on the wrong side of the road against oncoming traffic to skip a queue. I've even seen people reversing on a motorway because they were going too fast to make the exit... more than once.
And people wonder Lola why I was scared to learn how to drive :o0 :o0 :o0
lolabelle Posts: 3311
[quote="ghostchild2":qbn88wth]And people wonder Lola why I was scared to learn how to drive :o0 :o0 :o0[/quote:qbn88wth] :o0 At least one of ye knew how to drive properly! Have a nice glass of wine and get a cuddle from DH :xxx
I had to call him on the phone when it happened to calm me down. I was crying :-8 :-8 :-8 He's in work now but I'm sure I'll get a hug when he gets home :thnk
gingerwhinger Posts: 1421
i had a car come behind me today too, and it overtook 5 cars in one go. dont know what these drivers are thinking, stupid idiots O:|
happieout Posts: 3111
I'd a similar experience during the week. Makes you very wary. When I think of all the things I was worrying about and could be killed so easily.
It's really scary isn't it :eek :eek :eek
bizarre bride Posts: 234
I was away with the in laws this weekend and FFIL was driving. Now his car has no working rear seat belts which is one thing. And also he has no idea where his indicators are. It friggin annoys me!! He also drives a huge jeep thing that would make sh1t of anything in its way. I think he sees this as his ticket to disobey the rules of the road >:o(
teatimebride Posts: 754
Had a similar experience last week GC2, with DS in the car too. Car wasn't passing anybody out, just swerved out well across to my side of the road, I swerved nearly into the ditch to avoid them, luckily no contact was made with either the other car or the ditch, dread to think what would have happened if I hadn't avoided the car, both of us were going fairly quickly (90 kph ish) so would have resulted in carnage........ Thank god I reacted as well and as quickly as I did.....