Stupid question that I can't believe I am asking now...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Anonymous Posts: 24542
So, when we get into the church, where does everyone go? I think it's as follows:- Everyone gets ushered into their places bride's side/groom's side (with some exceptions to balance it out) H2B and Best Man wait at top of church My brother walks my mam in Page boy walks in on his own and goes to sit with his mam on the groom's side as they are h2b's rellies Flowergirls walk in together and go to sit with their mam and brother (page boy) on groom's side - or do they?? BM walks in and stands to the side of where I will stand - or does she? Dad and I walk in and he hands me over to my new boss (not!) and he sits down - or does he? Help, I am sure this is in some etiquette book somewhere but can't for the life of me find one in the house today... [/i]
mad woman Posts: 22106
[quote="Pomegranate":2wbvj4cr]So, when we get into the church, where does everyone go? I think it's as follows:- Everyone gets ushered into their places bride's side/groom's side (with some exceptions to balance it out) H2B and Best Man wait at top of church My brother walks my mam in Page boy walks in on his own and goes to sit with his mam on the groom's side as they are h2b's rellies Flowergirls walk in together and go to sit with their mam and brother (page boy) on groom's side - or do they?? [color=red:2wbvj4cr]flowergirls walk in front of bm and you[/color:2wbvj4cr]BM walks in and stands to the side of where I will stand - or does she? [color=darkred:2wbvj4cr]BM walks in front of you and sits down[/color:2wbvj4cr] Dad and I walk in and he hands me over to my new boss (not!) and he sits down - or does he? [color=darkred:2wbvj4cr]yes[/color:2wbvj4cr] Help, I am sure this is in some etiquette book somewhere but can't for the life of me find one in the house today... But your priest will help you will all that in the rehersal. [/i][/quote:2wbvj4cr]
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Thanks, madwoman! Didn't know the priest would do practical stuff like that - excellent!
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
Not sure on the etiquette Pomegranate, but this is what we did... Everyone ushered in to the appropriate side or thereabouts... DH waited at the top of the aisle with his Best man and Grooms man My Brother in law walked my Mum in (I've no brothers) Page boy walks in (in our case with the help of his Mum cos he's a bit of a tear away) and they sit up near the Groom etc (his side) Flower girls (9yrs and 6yrs) walked up and both sat on the top seat on the bride's side (one was DH's side, but they were old enough to sit together without their parents) BM walks up and stands to the left at the top Chief BM does the same Dad walked me up, handed me over, shook DH's hand, lifted my veil, gave me a kiss and shouted 'YIPPIEE!' (not really) and went to sit with my Mum who was in the first pew down on the bride's side I don't know if all that was 'correct' but we did it that way for all the weddings in our family, so if it was wrong, the wedding police will soon be on their way. HTH.