Menu

Subsequent pregnancies harder on body

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Hi all im just wondering did you find second/third pregnancies harder on your body. On my DD i had all the normal aches and pains in the third trimester but this time around im in so much pain. Last weekend i ended up in hospital as i couldnt walk, i had a terrible pain in lefthand side of groin and couldnt move my leg. I was told i had over stretched muscles/ligaments and was told to go on bed rest for 2 weeks (chance would be a fine thing). Every night when i wake to go to the loo i can hardly move im in that much pain, my hips and pelvis cracks and feels like its falling apart, i can barely turn in the bed. I cant go for walks or even out to shops for too long as i get terrible back ache and pains under the bump. Even my leg cramps are worse, i had a very bad one 2 days ago and it pulled my calf muscle, my calf is swollen and im still limping. I told the docs in hospital twice and asked about a support belt/physio etc but they just keep saying it all normal and what do i expect with a toddler to mind - but yet they tell me to lie down and rest during the day !!!
wedjul05 Posts: 5673
Yep NLTG, I'm the same. As DS was only 4.5 months when I found out I was pg, my body had no time at all to recover. I have NO pelvic floor muscles, baby had been low all along and is head down now so every lower. I was fine on DS. I'm crippled this time. In the last 2 weeks my hands/feet have started to swell. Can't wear my wedding ring. I've been waddling for months now, I'm usually a fast walker but now I am at snails pace. I too thought about getting a support belt but with only a short while to go, I figure I've spent enough on mat things. I am hoping this baby will arrive early TBH!! DS was 2 weeks early and at this stage, I'd LOVE it is she came early too. I ready to have my body back :o0
Mahal Posts: 86
Notlongtogo it sounds like you might have Symphsis Pubis Dysfunction, if you google it you'll get more information but given the symptoms you have it looks possible. Unfortunately its very hard to treat & the only way to ease the pain is through rest but you should certainly be getting physio & they will give you certain exercises to do which will help in the long run. If you are finding walking difficult then they should also give you crutches. its very very painful but more often than not when the baby is born it should ease dramatically or clear up altogether.
Wedjul thats exactly it, this baby is sooooo low down and is head down too so all the weight is down in pelvis. With DD is used to feel her kicking up under my ribs still havent had this with this baby all the kicks are about halfway between belly button and boobs. I cant wait to have him out !!! Mahal i thought it might have been SPD and said that to docs and a surgeon examined me and said i didnt have it, only over stretched muscles/ligaments. He said its normal for your pelvis and hips to crack and be very painful it was my body getting ready to have the baby. It was because i didnt have the pain in the centre of my pubic bone that he reckoned it couldnt be SPD.
my kicks have been all around my belly button all along. DS was up high at one stage and he turned eventually so I got low down kicks then. But this babs had been soooo low all along. Makes it hard to bend down etc. My hips crack ALL the time!! Putting on knickers, socks. drying myself after shower, bending down .......it's gross. DH is sleeping in the spare bed lately as I me moving around in the bed is waking him up. I need a crane to turn me over!
Yep im the exact same everytime i move you can hear the clicks and cracks i can hardly bend down at all i have to keep asking DD to pick things up for me. At least i know its normal - boy do i regret not doing my pelvic floor exercises more often !!!
[quote:5h0jpnn5]boy do i regret not doing my pelvic floor exercises more often !!![/quote:5h0jpnn5] Me too :o0 But in fairness I would have bet 1million euro AGAINST me having another baby this quick so I was totally unprepared in every aspect. It wasn't planned this way :-8
Yeah it was very quick alright i dont know how you are coping, fair play to you. I know this baby is a boy so thats a boy and girl so id say thats me done, i dont think i could go through this again - but nature makes you forget how bad things were - DH says he will remind me though !!
You're the exact same as me.... we are having a girl this time. One of each, me done thank you very much!!! Some very very small part of me thinks maybe in like 4/5 years time, I might be tempted to go again but there is only a 10% chance of that happening. I'm defo not being pg next year too. have you got a name picked out yet?
Ahs thats brilliant news. We are calling him Thomas with a fada, i prefer the irish version, and he will be called Tommy - its my DH grandads name and he is getting old so we thought it would be nice. I was thinking about contraception after the baby and eventually ill probably get something permanent like getting my tubes tied but i couldnt do it yet cos a small part of me would be very sad to know im definitely not going to have another baby. I would like three but financially and physically i dont know if its going to happen. Im also hoping to train as a solicitor next year so i dont know when id even fit in another. Have you a name picked?