success preg story after hubbie havin mumps orchitis

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

brillbride Posts: 675
hi girls--sorry im back at ttc since my mc last year...anyhow was wondering do any of you have success stories of getting pregnant after your OH/DH had mumps in adulthood ??
lobosgirl Posts: 340
Hi brillbride, I'd be interested to see if there are any responses to this. My DH had mumps last year and at the time we asked the doc if there would be any infertility problems resulting. He checked with the labs in Beaumont and they said that it's a myth that mumps causes problems. On the other hand I have read one of Robert Winston's books and he said you should get your partner checked out if he has had mumps (this book was over 20 years old so I'm sure there's lots of research been done since). We've been TCC for 16 months now, onto 17th month, DH is getting SA done this week so we'll find out if there are any problems there.. All the best, Mrs P
pudge Posts: 192
Hi girls, I'm the youngest of three, after my mums second my dad got mumps and the doctor told them to thank god they had their son! (nice -roll eye smilie needed) and that my dad was basically now infertile. Anyway a couple of years later I came along causing a major surprise! Anyway hope that helps :wv
brillbride Posts: 675
[quote="amazing mrs p":3aw9s1v4]Hi brillbride, I'd be interested to see if there are any responses to this. My DH had mumps last year and at the time we asked the doc if there would be any infertility problems resulting. He checked with the labs in Beaumont and they said that it's a myth that mumps causes problems. On the other hand I have read one of Robert Winston's books and he said you should get your partner checked out if he has had mumps (this book was over 20 years old so I'm sure there's lots of research been done since). We've been TCC for 16 months now, onto 17th month, DH is getting SA done this week so we'll find out if there are any problems there.. All the best, Mrs P[/quote:3aw9s1v4] Hi amazing mrs p--thanks 4 that --we are pretty much in the same boat then as my dh is getting his SA next sun (this day next wk) so we can compare notes---let me know how u get on and vice versa... i have been doing tonnes of google research and i think that it can def cause a prob (i hope im proved wrong) where your DH testicles affeccted? my Dh has one smaller now...anyhow we did conceive 1st time trying in August but it ended in Mc after 12 wks and have been ttc ever since---on 6th cycle now---let me know how u get on..xxx thanks for that Pudge