Sudden weight gain

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Hi i have gained 4lbs in the last 2 weeks, with 2lbs of that in the last 5 days. Previously i had been gaining about 0.5lb a week (say for 4-6 weeks beforehand). I know it can be a sign of preeclampisa but i dont have any other symptoms. How much weight gain is considered sudden, should i be concerned about it.
sunnygirl Posts: 1876
4lbs in 2 weeks - you're lucky :o0 Some weeks i've put up 4lbs alone! I don't think it's anything to worry about.
Aquafina Posts: 354
I wouldn't worry about it if you don't have any other signs of pre-eclampsia. I gained 8lbs in 2 weeks at about 34 weeks or so and have gained about 20lbs in total in the past 10 weeks. My feet, legs and hands have ballooned up to the point where you can barely see my toenails anymore with the swelling. The doctors said that the swelling was excessive, but have never been concerned about it since my BP and urine have always been fine. It is scary though to see your weight suddenly shooot up like that!
Crostini Posts: 1105
i gained 9 lbs in the last 2 weeks ebtween seeing my gp and consultant. consultant didn't say a thing. though i nearly fainted! i'm eating less if anything!
Toni Baloney Posts: 544
I definately had growth spurts during my pregnancy, I wouldnt say you've anything to worry about if you've no other symptoms.