Suggest your Christmas finds!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jamjars Posts: 1721
Hi Guys, With the festive season coming up thought it might be nice to share any nice little present ideas you come across! Got this suggestion from a friend and think I'll pick it up though I don't know for who yet! Would be nice to give to someone into their cooking... It's called The Flavour Thesaurus and is basically a guide to what flavours compliment each other etc!Looks really cool too!
eefc Posts: 1201
Good thread! For anyone with little nieces/nephews (3 yrs and under) Hanleys are selling swimming frogs,sharks, octopus for bath time- they are brill stocking fillers! I picked up my two at Heathrow but I am sure Hanleys in Dundrum probably stock these also! My niece and nephew love bath time so think this would be brill and they both have a little sis or bro on the way in december (both sisters due 4 days apart) so i know it will be used over the next few years!
this is the frog! [img:2wi6b8oo]http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sits_eu/dw/image/v2/AAAZ_PRD/on/demandware.static/Sites-hamleys-Site/Sites-HamleysCatalog/default/v1320757770983/images/829085_main.jpg?sw=374&sh=374&sfrm=jpg[/img:2wi6b8oo]
black pearl Posts: 3513
oh they are so cute aoife c will defo get those for LO she loves bath time and her toys! :o)ll
Girl From Mars Posts: 1446
If you're looking for cosmetic type gifts and you're an eco friend Boots have fair trade cotton bags with full size fair trade cocoa/cranberry butter, body scrub and shower gel for €21.50. Plus there on 3 for 2.
black pearl - wait til you see the octopus one! Looks like the one in Finding Nemo- it twirls in the water!
black pearl Posts: 3513
oh the thoughts of going to dunfrum from swords am sooo lazy but am gonna pop over now this weekend, thats sorts the stocking out thanks aoifec! x
[quote="black pearl":3rgi8shz]oh the thoughts of going to dunfrum from swords am sooo lazy but am gonna pop over now this weekend, thats sorts the stocking out thanks aoifec! x[/quote:3rgi8shz] As I am a big kid myself, can't help but spot these things. If I am able to have kiddies after we get married, God help my H2B because his heart will be broke with me saying "ah but sure look at this one, it's perfect for the GIANT stocking we got so I can fit more in it"!! :o0 :o0 :o0 I have my niece and nephew spoilt altogether- love seeing their faces with things like this! Glad I could help! :wv (ps- if I lived in Dublin I would be broker than I am from being in Dundrum TC all the time!! Lucky you living so close!!)
mrshigginstobe Posts: 243
[quote="Girl From Mars":2r3owzbg]If you're looking for cosmetic type gifts and you're an eco friend Boots have fair trade cotton bags with full size fair trade cocoa/cranberry butter, body scrub and shower gel for €21.50. Plus there on 3 for 2.[/quote:2r3owzbg] That sounds great! also i've spotted in local chemists around meath there doing perfumes from 12.50 to 30.00euros but theres nice ones like davidoff cool water,hugo boss etc. picked up a few the other day at really good prices was pretty impressed with myself, also seen jewellers doing great offers on wine glasses from 20euro in navan if anyones around that area!!
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
Quite a luxurious present......but a lovely one! Each year Estee Lauder bring out a Christmas blockbuster. It costs €69 with the purchase of an EL perfume and is usually available at Debenhams & Brown Thomas. You might even come across the counter where they are willing to let you purchase the set without the perfume. Individually priced, the whole lot would add up to approx €400! [img:9nz62ntx]http://beaut.ie/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/es1.jpg[/img:9nz62ntx] I know last year there was also a version available at the airport for €49 and you didn't have to purchase the perfume either. More details of what's included to be found here: