Menu

suggestions for middle name?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsB1982 Posts: 150
Hi ladies, Looking for a few suggestions if you have time... We have finally chosen Éabha for a girl despite being a little put off by the popularity of Ava! It took us the whole 38 weeks to make that decision and now we are really stumped for a middle name. I like the idea of the middle name being named after someone, but the only person I would consider is my sister and her name is Aine which doesn't really go, so I am open to all suggestions please!! thanks x
JustBecause Posts: 3242
Maybe the saints name for the day that she is due?
Momof2 Posts: 3884
either of your mothers or perhaps your own middle name
Temperance Posts: 165
Hi You might not want to mix Irish and English but Eabha Anne goes lovely together and it would still be using your sisters name in some way
RinkyDinkSlink Posts: 730
Oh we have an Éabha in our extended family, it's such a lovely name! :o)ll She's Éabha Constance (after Countess Constance Markievicz) so you could do that, choose someone (historical or otherwise) that's an inspiration to you? HTH :wv
eled Posts: 713
We are using my nan's name as a middle name. I think Eabha Louise goes well together..
under construction Posts: 3458
I think Eabha Kate is lovely but i would never think to pick a name that matches - would more so chose a name that means something to me. Like DS's middle name is my dad's name (his first and middle name may not go together but when is he likely to use them together ?) But your choice completly just my opinion Eabha is a beautiful name by the way
marleymoo Posts: 503
HiMrs B we're thinkin of Ava Grace if our LO is a girl xxxx
SandyClaws Posts: 3108
[quote="RinkyDinkSlink":2cj1fbpz]Oh we have an Éabha in our extended family, it's such a lovely name! :o)ll She's Éabha Constance (after Countess Constance Markievicz) so you could do that, choose someone (historical or otherwise) that's an inspiration to you? HTH :wv[/quote:2cj1fbpz] wow thats a really lovely story... o/t but Connie is a pretty name.. for a middle name id probably use either DH mums name or my nans name, if her name isnt our girls first name...
candypants Posts: 8575
[quote="marleymoo":10esiq78]HiMrs B we're thinkin of Ava Grace if our LO is a girl xxxx[/quote:10esiq78] I was going to suggest Ava Grace. I think its real pretty. :lvs Ava Lilly? Ava Cara? Ava Louise is cute as suggested. Ava ciara? Can i jump in and ask for suggestions on a middle name after Lucy?