Suggestions for Sat

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Glittergal Posts: 1504
Hi guys, just looking for suggestions for things I can do on Sat to keep my mind off what would have been my big day. As you all prob know it was my choice to call off the wedding however will still feel a little sad that day. I was going to go and get hammered but dont think thats a good idea. My bf doesnt understand why I will be a bit down that day so he will be no good to cheer me up. I know if situations were reversed I might feel the same as he does now and wonder why he would be sad on the day he was supposed to marry someone else. I just think its normal to feel a little sad on the day you had planned to perfection for years.Plus my ex is still very heartbroken over it and I feel really bad for letting him down and will have that on my mind too that I ruined his life. BF is no good to understand all this though
sun flowers Posts: 3421
Is BF the guy you were going to marry.....
[quote="Sun Flowers ":2httz9v6]Is BF the guy you were going to marry.....[/quote:2httz9v6] No I am with someone new now.
clucky Posts: 26471
aww glittergal you made the right decision its better to have done this now than after the wedding of course your new bf doesnt understand but maybeplan a romantic day for the 2 of you somewhere with a nice long walk so you can talk to each other or go see Harry Potter :o)ll
[quote="Glittergal":1234e1jy][quote="Sun Flowers ":1234e1jy]Is BF the guy you were going to marry.....[/quote:1234e1jy] No I am with someone new now.[/quote:1234e1jy] i think the best thing is to try not dwell on the past and plan something nice with your partner to take your mind off it.... my friend called off her wedding, she's ment to be getting married the end of the month and she is booking herself into a spa with a few of us...... I suppose just try to stay busy and be thankful that you found a new love :xxx
[quote="Clucky":1r08jwp3]of course your new bf doesnt understand but maybeplan a romantic day for the 2 of you somewhere with a nice long walk so you can talk to each other or go see Harry Potter :o)ll[/quote:1r08jwp3] I already asked him to spend the day with me and he said he would be there for me on Sat however he got drunk last sat night and you know the saying the truth comes out when your drunk anyway he said he doesnt understand why I will be down that day and why I feel the need for him to spend that day with me. I had already asked him 2 keep that day free 2 weeks ago, he said he would however he then volunteered to work until 1pm on Saturday so I have made him promise not to make any other plans after that time. I dont know if I want to spend the day with him anymore now though as he is very insecure and I just know that I will end up trying to make him feel good about himself and reminding him I dont wish I was still getting married. God knows I've told him a thousand times already. He thinks I should be so happy on Sat as he said I am with him and not marrying someone else and not making the biggest mistake of my life. I see his point but I also have my own point which I mentioned above why I would be sad on Sat, he cant see this thoug Do you think he has a point, should I be happy the way he wants me to be on Sat. The way I'm looking at it is I spent years thinking about what this day would be like and spend so much time and effort planning every little detail to perfection and now its all gone. I will just feel sad about it a little. Does he have a point though, should I make the effort to enjoy Sat, I will find it a little hard though especially knowing my ex will be so down that day how can I enjoy myself knowing what he is feeling.
clucky Posts: 26471
glittergal i dont mean to sound harsh but i have been reading your posts about this new BF over the past while and my word i have to ask what do YOU get out of this new relationship? He seems to drink a lot he is never there for you when you need him and my god you will need him this weekend - it will be a very sad day for you if he expects that you are over your old relationship he is very insensitive. maybe spend the day with your best girl friends instead have a girly pampering day let yourself get over this hurdle without being his crutch too and then seriously girl you need to consider if you shouldbe in this new relationship at all. take care of yourself and you know where we are if you need to talk
[quote="Glittergal":2avf24x6][quote="Clucky":2avf24x6]of course your new bf doesnt understand but maybeplan a romantic day for the 2 of you somewhere with a nice long walk so you can talk to each other or go see Harry Potter :o)ll[/quote:2avf24x6] I already asked him to spend the day with me and he said he would be there for me on Sat however he got drunk last sat night and you know the saying the truth comes out when your drunk anyway he said he doesnt understand why I will be down that day and why I feel the need for him to spend that day with me. I had already asked him 2 keep that day free 2 weeks ago, he said he would however he then volunteered to work until 1pm on Saturday so I have made him promise not to make any other plans after that time. I dont know if I want to spend the day with him anymore now though as he is very insecure and I just know that I will end up trying to make him feel good about himself and reminding him I dont wish I was still getting married. God knows I've told him a thousand times already. He thinks I should be so happy on Sat as he said I am with him and not marrying someone else and not making the biggest mistake of my life. I see his point but I also have my own point which I mentioned above why I would be sad on Sat, he cant see this though[/quote:2avf24x6] I can see where the both of you are coming from... and I can see why he would feel insecure... could you not go off with the girls they will be more sympathectic and that way you can be whatever way you want without worrying that you will be upsetting your partner. .
I know what you mean Clucky, I see the same myself when he has drink on him, however when he hasnt been drinking he is the most sweetest charming guy so thoughtful and loving and says the most wonderful things to me. I know him for yrs and know what a sweet kind nature he has and when he gets drunk its usually cos he is depressed over something. He has a had alot of hardship in his life. I know drink is not the answer but I am hoping in time this will get better as he doesnt drink every week. I am hoping once he realises I am not going anywhere (he constantly thinks I will leave him like everyone else in his life) he will feel the less need for alcohol and not be down so much.
[quote="Glittergal":35pz1dqa]I know what you mean Clucky, I see the same myself when he has drink on him, however when he hasnt been drinking he is the most sweetest charming guy so thoughtful and loving and says the most wonderful things to me. I know him for yrs and know what a sweet kind nature he has and when he gets drunk its usually cos he is depressed over something. He has a had alot of hardship in his life. I know drink is not the answer but I am hoping in time this will get better as he doesnt drink every week. I am hoping once he realises I am not going anywhere (he constantly thinks I will leave him like everyone else in his life) he will feel the less need for alcohol and not be down so much.[/quote:35pz1dqa] never mind him... concentrate on yourself... let him sort himself out and you look after you... you dont have to justify him to any of us... get your thinking cap on as to how to enjoy saturday