Suggestions needed for Romantic Irish break for newly weds!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mmmaria Posts: 80
Hi, I'm looking for a fab hotel that has a room/suite with double jacuzzi bath? We've stayed in a few of the well know big hotels with spa rooms like Hodson Bay and Maryborough and also Cottages for Couples so now am looking for somewhere maybe not that well know or a little different! All suggestions welcome :) Thanks M
mrsmcc2502 Posts: 497
Druids glen have a presidential suite, also check out Cabra castle esp their bridal suite though they have loads of great rooms. In Belfast there's a fab hotel Fitzwilliam hotel their suites are unreal!!!!
Mediaprophet Posts: 1
This place is to be avoided at all costs, SERIOUSLY ! We and our party has numerous incidents of over charging, been given the wrong food and drink over our recent stay here and when we approached the GM he was particularly arrogant to us about it . NEVER AGAIN !
Barbaragn Posts: 11
Any particular area ? The marker in Dublin looks fab never stayed but enjoyed cocktails on the roof at my hen if the cocktails are any indication it will be fab but expensive !
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
Harvey's Point in Donegal is fabulous, remote location on Lough Eske. The rooms have the double jacuzzi you're looking for & huge luxurious bedrooms, they are all like suites with separate areas for lounging/sleeping/tea & coffee etc. Marble bathrooms with classical music piped through. Ask to overlook the lake. The food is amazing, they pride themselves on it. Only downside is they have no spa, you can go up the road to Solis Lough Eske to use theirs if you really want a spa treatment/swim. Such a shame but the manager told me they are working on getting a spa built. They even have some rooms set aside ground floor near the lake for people with pets!
peanut14 Posts: 71
The Cliff House in Ardmore. The suites have double rain showers with sea views. Gorgeous hotel, very expensive. Highly recommend for a romantic break.
Harlequin Wol Best Band Posts: 645
If its Cork Castlemartyr is beautiful (myself and the missus heading there for a weekend next month for our 5th anniversary). Also Waterford Castle is fairly isolated or any of the Kenmare hotels if you fancy some outdoors adventure. :)
christy2 Posts: 2
We are just back from our honeymoon in Parknasilla in Sneem Co.Kerry and I have to say it was amazing! So peaceful and you definitely feel you are in the middle of nowhere although its only 15 min drive to the lovely town of Kenmare. We stayed in the library suite and were greeted with complimentary prosecco. The room has a free standing bath and a lovely view over the grounds of the property and also over Kenmare Bay. There are lovely nature trails to walk aswell. The spa is lovely and relaxing and although the room didn't have a Jacuzzi the spa has 2 outdoor hottubs which are brilliant. Our package included dinner and spa treatment. we both got massages in the couples treatment room which was great. Dinner was delicious and great service, would definitely recommend. We got married in Cabra Castle which honeymoon suite (in courtyard) has a double Jacuzzi bath in the room. the honeymoon suite in the castle has an outdoor hottub. Both rooms are unreal but as cabra castle have a wedding pretty much every day id say it would be hard to book a stay there...always worth a try!