Suggestions on Wedding Band with Fiddle?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LadyKerry Posts: 10
Hi all, I have booked my wedding in Ballyseede Castle in Tralee for August 2017 and I can't believe the band that I wanted, Truly Diverse, are already booked... gutted! :( I live in the UK so I can't come see the showcases so it's difficult. I want a wedding band who can do a good mixture of rock, pop and Irish trad (which is why I want the fiddle) and a lively band that interacts with the audience. I would really appreciate your help and suggestions? xx
SydneyGirl2016 Posts: 23
Hi LadyKerry, Sorry to hear you didn't manage to get Truly Diverse for your Wedding, I have booked them for our Wedding in Ballyseede Castle also! I was at a wedding recently and my friend had Bog The Donkey and I thought they were very very good! They do a good mixture of songs and have that "traditional" feel to them aswell. Good Luck on the band hunt! X
Help Plan My Wedding Posts: 155
[quote="LadyKerry":3nb0puwm]Hi all, I have booked my wedding in Ballyseede Castle in Tralee for August 2017 and I can't believe the band that I wanted, Truly Diverse, are already booked... gutted! :( I live in the UK so I can't come see the showcases so it's difficult. I want a wedding band who can do a good mixture of rock, pop and Irish trad (which is why I want the fiddle) and a lively band that interacts with the audience. I would really appreciate your help and suggestions? xx[/quote:3nb0puwm] Hi, If you would like to contact us at [email protected] or on 089 4430414 we would be delighted to source the exact band you want. Regards, Stephen Neary Help Plan My Wedding.
jumpy72 Posts: 9
Have a look The Woodbines facebook page, they are a good lively band and interact well with the audience. They also have fiddle and mandolin where they play trad music along with rock and pop to suit young and old. thewoodbinesband
irishgalperth Posts: 12
Hi Check out Craddog. We've booked them for our wedding next Month. A friend booked them for hers and were brilliant. They have excellent reviews on this forum too. Don't worry, you'll find a good band :) :action32
The Gospel Project Posts: 35
Sounds like The Whole Hog are exactly what you're looking for! Check them out - http://www.thewholehogband.com Good luck with your search! Cathy The Gospel Project www.thegospelprojectireland.com
SunshineLove Posts: 92
Hi, Another vote for Craddog! I can relate to planning from abroad. We live in Florida and planned our Dublin wedding in 6 months. Finding the right music was challenging. But we got in touch with Ciaran, and he helped us over the phone and email and when we finally arrived to Dublin a week before our wedding, he met with us and went over all the details. He was professional, personable, and a great reassurance that everything would work out just fine - and it was even better than we had hoped!! I am not sure how far your venue is from Dublin, but I think Craddog travels - check with them. They have a website [url:1dmxl5nk]http://www.craddog.ie/[/url:1dmxl5nk] and a Facebook page [url:1dmxl5nk]http://www.facebook.com/Craddog/[/url:1dmxl5nk] We had a mix of young and old guests from Ireland, England, and USA, so we wanted variety, and we needed music for the whole day. Craddog was able to meet all of our needs. They played songs especially selected for our ceremony, a classy duo for our cocktail hour, and a full band for the reception. They played lots of trad music, and one of the band members called a few Ceili dances. He was great at getting some of the shy people up and onto the dance floor and guiding them through the steps. They changed over to a DJ for the late night dance party. Everyone had a blast, especially me and my hubby! It was a hoot seeing everyone try the Ceili dancing. It was some true Irish craic! ;-)