Suit colour to match midnight bridesmaids?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

butters stotch Posts: 107
Hi Wollies, I'm thinking of midnight for my bridesmaids like the colour of the dress below (haven't picked style yet). Any idea what colour suits would match best? [img:3ps1a5rd]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSruCV3tmmNL2-cwV7q0h9CyjgAOrqlKUuOSmxgK20k02vT-7Kx[/img:3ps1a5rd]
Gasher26 Posts: 72
Hi tippbride2b My bridesmaids dresses are the same colour. love it!! had originally thought of grey but after looking at these, we are now going for black morning suit jacket, ivory waistcoat with white shirt and grey pinstripe trousers. I think it will look great. the GM's will have cravats to match dresses and H2B is wearing an ivory cravat to match the waistcoat. Hope this helps!
Mrs Spud Posts: 418
My BMs had midnight dresses, the GM had navy jackets and cravats, white shirts, silver waistcoats and grey trousers and they all looked fab :wv
hadtoleave Posts: 2522
we just sorted our suits and went for something completely different than expected cos of some very valid points made by the owner of suit shop. They really are the experts and have seen it all before so i would definitely ask their advice and go in with an open mind
Mari yay Posts: 4045
I would have thought navy would be the best colour too.
[quote="Aisling26":1xkx055y]Hi tippbride2b My bridesmaids dresses are the same colour. love it!! had originally thought of grey but after looking at these, we are now going for black morning suit jacket, ivory waistcoat with white shirt and grey pinstripe trousers. I think it will look great. the GM's will have cravats to match dresses and H2B is wearing an ivory cravat to match the waistcoat. Hope this helps![/quote:1xkx055y] Love the colour too; I think we will go with it. Just need to pick a dress now! The suits sound lovely and will really compliment the dresses. [quote="Mrs Spud":1xkx055y]My BMs had midnight dresses, the GM had navy jackets and cravats, white shirts, silver waistcoats and grey trousers and they all looked fab :wv[/quote:1xkx055y] I like the idea of bringing silver into the mix to brighten it up; was worried that it might look a little dark/dull. [quote="morningsun":1xkx055y]we just sorted our suits and went for something completely different than expected cos of some very valid points made by the owner of suit shop. They really are the experts and have seen it all before so i would definitely ask their advice and go in with an open mind[/quote:1xkx055y] Great advice morningsun. I wanted to have an idea of what might match before buying the BM dresses as OH has an idea of what he'd like. I don't want to get dresses that will mean he ends up wearing something he really doesn't want to! [quote="Mari yay":1xkx055y]I would have thought navy would be the best colour too.[/quote:1xkx055y] I was thinking of navy too with maybe a silver waistcoat and the tie/cravat matching the bridesmaids flowers. Thanks for all the comments :thnk
Mrs Spud Posts: 418
Slightly off topic but if you were thinking of flowers, I had ivory roses with a pale pink trim on them and they looked beautiful with the navy/silver [attachment=0:z6qxkor0]soft-ivory-pink-roses-bouquet.jpg[/attachment:z6qxkor0] Just to add that this is not my wedding pic, its a pic online of the flowers I had :o0
vidia Posts: 2960
We had Fench Navy jackets to match the BM and they were fab! The lads wore silver waist coats and silver cravats, white shirt and a flower to match the bouquet, it really was lovely. I dont like matching cravats, waitstcoats with the BM dresses, but thats just me..
daisy chains Posts: 235
My gm and h2b are all wearing navy 3 piece suits , waistcoat is navy. It looks real sharp and slick. I would def go with navy for you if ur bm r midnight blue and you could have a bright tie for a bit of colour. My bm's r in coral so trying to find a navy and coral tie to match which is proving difficult!
Thanks for all the comments wollies O-O Have loads of ideas to work with now; just need to decide on a dress/dresses for my 4 BM's! Mrs Spud, I really love those flowers; wasn't so sure about the cuffs in the pic though :o0