Suit colour to match midnight bridesmaids? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
I would of thought Navy or Grey would look lovely
butters stotch Posts: 107
[quote="AwkwardAnnie":27updzer]I would of thought Navy or Grey would look lovely[/quote:27updzer] Himself wants grey so I'm hoping it will all match together too. Will have to wait and see when we go about the dresses/suits.
mrsbops Posts: 257
Hi Tippbride2be :) Just wondering did you get your suits sorted? Just ordered navy BM dresses, the boys are in charcoal, which are really lovely but now I'm worried it will all be very dark. I found your thread and just wondered what you went with, Thanks :thnk
MrsAmy Posts: 983
I really like the idea of grey or the black jacket and pinstripe trousers... to me, navy suits would be a BIT matchy-matchy... but some people do like that look. Up to you and what you prefer! If my girls were in midnight blue, I think I'd have the guys in grey with white waistcoat and navy/midnight tie/cravat. Hth! X
Thanks FutureMrsS that does help! I think it will look well with Ivory flowers to lift the colour, it was just when I got home last night my mum was like oh I don't know now about dark grey etc etc, made me doubt myself! Thanks x
AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
Navy or the dark Grey suits I think would look fab!
Ah thanks girls, feel much better now as I love the suits and the dresses!
butters stotch Posts: 107
[quote="mrsbops":1o3kfzei]Hi Tippbride2be :) Just wondering did you get your suits sorted? Just ordered navy BM dresses, the boys are in charcoal, which are really lovely but now I'm worried it will all be very dark. I found your thread and just wondered what you went with, Thanks :thnk[/quote:1o3kfzei] Hi Mrsbops, Sorry I've only just seen your post. We haven't gotten the suits or bridesmaid dresses yet so I'm no help to you! The boys will definitely be in some shade of grey but I haven't completely decided on the BMs colour yet. Navy is still my favourite though so will have to wait and see when we start shopping for dresses. My chief BM just had a baby so we had to postpone the shopping trips. I don't think the navy and grey will be too dark. You can add lots of colour with flowers and ties/cravats. I think navy for dresses and grey for suits in general is really classy so you can't go wrong :)
winter2012bride Posts: 172
I think grey might be better as could be difficult to get the exact same shade of navy, maybe grey suits with navy cravet and silver waistcoats
Ava2010 Posts: 21
Hi girls I too am having midnight dresses and just ordered the suits today! We went for a mid-grey suit with creamy gold waistcoat and scrunchy tie for my oh and the same suits but with a silvery grey waistcoat and tie for the groomsmen. Have to say they looked really nice on and the man in the shop said that was the most popular choice to match midnight dresses! Hope that helps!